Main Menu

Dredd: Case Files

Started by hippynumber1, 04 March, 2007, 11:00:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hippynumber1

I know this is a way off yet but does anyone know what Rebellion's plans are for the Case Files series once they reach the full colour stuff - I'm hoping they carry on...

Keef Monkey

Me too, personally I'd be happy to pay more or pay the same for smaller books once they go into colour.

hippynumber1

Absolutely - same price, half the pages seems fair (one year's worth of stories instead of two)!

paulvonscott

They have done some large colour books now and they are fairly reasonably priced.

The art of Kenny Who is £16.99 for 272 pages. Once you've got your discount from Amazon, it's not looking too bad, may as well stick with a years worth, approx 300 pages.

Keef Monkey

If that was the case I'd definately keep buying them. You listening Tharg?

The Adventurer

Is it me or does this question pop up about once a month?

I'm banking on smaller books, full color, but cheaper paper then the usual color TPs. When the Prog went color didn't it still use newsprint/near-newsprint paper?

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

paulvonscott

"When the Prog went color didn't it still use newsprint/near-newsprint paper?"

Not with great results.  A slighlty lower paper grade might be okay, but not the stuff used for the B/W issues.  It would look horrible.

I honestly think that as long as the price isn't too much more, once people have collected 14 of these things, a reasonable price hike and full colour isn't going to put them off.

ukdane

The Art of Kenny Who collection, shows what options are possible and plausable.
In fact with that collection, there really isn't any excuse for not doing a year at a time colour collections.
Be good if they did a few Megazine Dredd collections at some point too.

(and whilst I'm in begging mood- any chance of a Complete Missionary Man book?)
Cheers

-Daney

Grant Goggans

Doubtful... there are 74 episodes of Missionary Man, after all.  That'd be the thickest book yet, and mostly color.  Maybe they can do it in two?

ukdane

That'd be cool. An old testament book, and a new testament book.
Cheers

-Daney

Dark Jimbo

What happened to MM's sidekick, Ressurection Joe? I've read the early stuff with Satan, and by the time I picked up the thread of the series again he was nowhere to be seen and never mentioned.
@jamesfeistdraws

Wils

What happened to MM's sidekick, Ressurection Joe?

IIRC, he got deaded rather violently.

JeffreyMT

Count me down for a yes vote for colour case files. Well at least up until prog 780...

BTW, are there any sightings of volume 7? I had an e mail from Amazon a few weeks ago telling me it was ready to despatch should I wish to place an order. As we all know these are notoriously unreliable. I haven't seen sight of it in the shops yet.

paulvonscott

"BTW, are there any sightings of volume 7?"

Same question just come up at the pub, is it late?

IndigoPrime

Jon said both the latest Dredd and Sláine books were with him last week, so I imagine they'll be with shops shortly.