Main Menu

Murderdrome

Started by pauljholden, 22 August, 2008, 08:40:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art

Well, and the curry thing. And the thing about the Chinese.

Meanwhile, on topic,  Apple just banned Murderome for being too murder-y:
//http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=17832

TordelBack

Ouch.  Ah well.

And double ouch:

QuoteMeanwhile, on topic, Apple just banned Murderome for being too murder-y:

That's insane.

pauljholden

PLEASE come to our website to post a reply - we're going to use that to help convince Apple that they're about to nip an entire industry in the bud, articulate, polite and genuine comments would be perfect!
//http://www.infuriouscomics.com/2008/08/murderdrome-killer-app/#more-56

(Also: you can read the first episode - THE EPISODE THEY BANNED!)

I, Cosh

Well, that's pretty absurd.

I'm still not buying an iPhone, but you can count on me if you're organising a protest march.
We never really die.

JOE SOAP

How can a fucking manufacturer ban anything?

Art

Apple controls the iPhone AppStore, which is the only way to buy applications for the phone.

Peter Wolf

That is completely absurd.Apple must be being very very careful as its a new format and they dont want to lose potential revenue but thats a massive overreaction from Apple [rather like GRs reaction to my alleged Racism.I am not a Rascist and i frequently attack Rascists but no offence taken and apologies for any offence caused for material that is misinterpreted or taken out of context] .The comments posted so far say it all.I have seen far more graphic violence in the prog both now and when i started reading in the early days.

I am tempted to add a comment saying the same as well.

Hope it gets sorted out.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Richmond Clements

This is a wierd thread.

I blame Holden and Ewing.

Dandontdare

Quote from: "Buttonman"I still hurt after spunking £3 on an abortive 2000ad phone thing,

Say what? What do you mean - is this something I will want to spunk £3 over?

Buttonman

They used to run ads offering 2000ad screensavers for mobiles and the like. I downloaded one but my crappy phone wasn't compatible and I couldn't send it to the wife's phone either. Equivalent of chucking £3 down the drain only with more annoyance and swearing. :angry:

Dandontdare

Ah yes - I used to have a poor pixellated dredd thing on my old b/w nokia. You didn't miss much!
I changed it to the word AAAARGH which was much cooler!

Matt Timson

Censorship is a terrible thing.
Pffft...

Wils

I don't think it's because of the way the thread ended up that it's been selectively edited, moreso Tharg's sour grapes at Gordon and not being able to send him to Mek-Quake any more. ;)

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: "Matt Timson"Censorship is a terrible thing.

Whilst I have no issue with some measure of control being exercised over the content posted here, I still maintain that offending posts or threads should not simply disappear like Tibetan dissidents, creating a John Byrne Forum-type atmosphere.

Rather, it would seem much more appropriate for the content of offending posts to be removed and replaced by a "Deleted for inappropriate content/violation of Forum Rules" message, which allows for greater transparency any clues potential offenders in to the nature of their violations ...

But that's just me ...

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Richmond Clements

Don't like this at all.