General Chat > Music

Misheard lyrics

(1/24) > >>

JayzusB.Christ:
Thanks to Google, I've realised what a fool I've been all my life.

The Pixies' 'Debaser' says 'Got me a movie... girlie so groovy', not 'Got me moving... girl you're so groovy.'  (Forunately I realised it was 'slicing up eyeballs' rather than 'marbles' when I realised it was about a Dali film).
Also, the screaming and yelping in 'Vamos' is just Black Francis saying 'let's go and play on the beach' in Spanish.

The Inspiral Carpets' 'Sackville' says 'where little boys meet little girls', not 'where you stood 40 years ago.'  It seems a bit of a jump, but seriously, listen to it.

Lots more where that came from, as soon as I remember them.

Dandontdare:
I used to wonder why Bob Marley sang about "a roof-rack over our head".

And there's the old chestnut of course, Jimi Hendrix singing "Excuse me while I kiss this guy"

SmallBlueThing:
Also "Ohhhhh- wo-wo, my ear's are alight!" ("Israelites"). Which I confess, since reading years ago, I have not been able to unhear every time the song is on.

Famously I used to be convinced "Three lions on a shirt/ Jules Rimet still gleaming" was "Three lions on a shirt/ Shilton's face still gleaming", until my mistake was pointed out by a football-mad and highly amused friend.

Not music, but I still can't watch that clip from Dr Who's 'Dalek Invasion of Earth' story, without hearing the titular metal meanies chant "We are the bastards of Earth! WE are the BASTARDS of Earth!".

SBT

James Stacey:

--- Quote from: Dandontdare on 04 July, 2014, 12:26:28 PM ---I used to wonder why Bob Marley sang about "a roof-rack over our head".

And there's the old chestnut of course, Jimi Hendrix singing "Excuse me while I kiss this guy"

--- End quote ---
There is even a database named after it
http://www.kissthisguy.com/

My favourite was when someone in school was adamant the words were 'don't cry for me aunty Tina'

Jim_Campbell:
Someone on a forum I used to frequent was astonished when I told them the Velvet Underground weren't singing about "tiny, tiny, tiny boots of leather…"*

Cheers

Jim

*That would be Soft Cell, surely?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version