General Chat > Help!

Help me Hive Mind, you're my only hope...

<< < (39/40) > >>

sheridan:

--- Quote from: Tiplodocus on 04 October, 2019, 12:10:14 AM ---Zenith playlist
I had it in my head that all of the chapter titles in Zenith were songs and I thought it would be cool to make a playlist of them.

But looking through my collected Phase I hardback, that doesn't seem to be the case.

Or was it the "Next Prog:..." which aren't printed in this version?

--- End quote ---

It was the next prog tags, and I think somebody already made a playlist.

Yep - here goes - Zenith Phase One.

MumboJimbo:
I have tried Googling this honest…

I’ve become interested recently in trying to chart the development of the Judge Dredd origin story - i.e. all the shenanigans with Judge Fargo, President Booth etc. Of course, the last word on all this is the Origins story starting in prog 1505, but I’m pretty sure the gist of the story was already known at this point? So my question is which progs were Fargo, Booth et al first mentioned and what other stories were there that talked about the origins of MC-1, the Judge System, the nuclear war that caused the Cursed Earth etc. Thanks for any help!

sheridan:

--- Quote from: MumboJimbo on 30 July, 2021, 01:48:13 PM ---I have tried Googling this honest…

I’ve become interested recently in trying to chart the development of the Judge Dredd origin story - i.e. all the shenanigans with Judge Fargo, President Booth etc. Of course, the last word on all this is the Origins story starting in prog 1505, but I’m pretty sure the gist of the story was already known at this point? So my question is which progs were Fargo, Booth et al first mentioned and what other stories were there that talked about the origins of MC-1, the Judge System, the nuclear war that caused the Cursed Earth etc. Thanks for any help!

--- End quote ---

Pretty much half of the established canon was put in place in the first epic-length mega-epic* The Cursed Earth.  A bit more was added during Oz, but the rest was in Origins.  Other than small bits and pieces (like the 'Judgement' trilogy of one-offs) that's the bulk of it.

* technically Robot Wars was the first epic, but that was when epics were less than ten episodes

MumboJimbo:
That’s great, Sheridan, exactly what I was after - many thanks!

Funt Solo:
There's this oddity from prog 169, which seems to be a shooting war between MC-1 and TC, that we've never* seen depicted elswhere:

*Have we?

---

I *know* my Fargo listing is incomplete.

Booth is probably first featured in The Sleeper Awakes (from The Cursed Earth) - prog 68. And again in Fog on the Eerie (part of The Hunting Party arc) - progs 1037-1040.

Then there's Sons of Booth (2030-2032) & The Booth Conspiracy (2095-2099) - I feel sure there were more than two parts to that, though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version