Spoilers > Other Reviews

Covers Uncovered Annual 2021

<< < (2/2)

Colin YNWA:

--- Quote from: Molch-R on 10 March, 2022, 06:34:29 PM ---Thanks for the feedback, really glad you enjoyed the book - sadly, sales on the Covers Uncovered book have been very poor and so it's not something we'll be repeating this year, sorry.

--- End quote ---

Impressived you are being so candid. Shame on me for not getting around to ordering this yet.

Barrington Boots:
This is sad news: Covers Uncovered was one of my favourite things I bought from the Webshop last year and I was hoping it would continue, but this decision makes sense if sales were bad.
Bogus!

Lorenzo:

--- Quote from: Molch-R on 10 March, 2022, 06:34:29 PM ---Thanks for the feedback, really glad you enjoyed the book - sadly, sales on the Covers Uncovered book have been very poor and so it's not something we'll be repeating this year, sorry.

--- End quote ---
Doesn't surprise me really. I enjoyed it, but it is a bit thin on content isn't it? It is basically just a collection of cover prints - where's the "uncovered" bit? There wasn't enough background or sketches showing the development of the art for me. I was expecting way more info from the artists showing or explaining their drawing processes. Only a couple of them really did this in any detail. Sales may not have been helped by the fact that the 2000AD logo was also half covered and quite small.

SmallBlueThing(Reborn):
I asked about this earlier, but got no response- I had to order mine from the webshop. Never saw it in any shops on my travels. But it had a barcode on the cover, which suggests it was supposed to be distributed. So- a problem there?

SBT

Dash Decent:
Mine arrived, soaking wet.  I'm a bit loathe to contact Rebellion as my last book from them also arrived soaking wet and had to be replaced.  i suppose cardboard packaging is environmentally friendly but some kind of plastic lining would be useful.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version