Main Menu

Prog 2281 - Guilt Trip

Started by Colin YNWA, 09 May, 2022, 09:09:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiplodocus

Gotta agree that this is an absolute corker of a prog. Loved every page.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Ghastly McNasty

Just popped in to say I'm very much enjoying Brink. There's a slow, creeping sense of foreboding terror that is pretty damn masterful writing. Great stuff.

norton canes

Almost feels like I'm being uncomplimentary to the last few years of Tharg's organ but this line-up is one of the noteworthy times when all five strips are absolutely firing on full power. 'An Honest Man' is giving us the very best from all droids involved, with so much to pick out; apart from the artistic touches mentioned above I also love the card-playing lizards, the precisely-dissected corpses and what I presume are 40/50 shilling labels on the alcohol tanks. And the corpse-swill tanks are just glorious. Hope takes a lovely surreal turn, as it usually does when sorcery is cast. Brink... I mean, never mind coffee, who doesn't love a final page that graphically illustrates a giant eyeball emerging from the cleaved brain tissue of a dead man's open skull? Also, it's a nice touch that the apartment windows are coloured solid cyan as a synthetic attempt to resemble the sky. Dexter is just a joy to read (as well as being visually great now the Bettin and Soffe droids are giving it some consistency) - it may not be Dan Abnett's most inventive work but he's making a great effort of creating these little mini-stories. And Fiends remains an utter blast, of course.

Barrington Boots

I see we're reasonably deep into the review thread and nobody has said 'cocks out for Balaur' or otherwise commented on Fiends full frontal this week. I'm not bothered by it at all, but was a little surprised to see it in the Prog - have we had this before?
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Barrington Boots

Quote from: Barrington Boots on 20 May, 2022, 12:36:47 PM
I see we're reasonably deep into the review thread and nobody has said 'cocks out for Balaur' or otherwise commented on Fiends full frontal this week. I'm not bothered by it at all, but was a little surprised to see it in the Prog - have we had this before?

Wrong review thread! For this weeks Prog, obviously.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

IndigoPrime

Sláine had the odd todger years back, and I recall Simon David seemed to like painting them in Stone Island.