Main Menu

Forum’s Favourite Thrill - Glimmer Rats vs. D.R. Quinch Round 3 Heat 22

Started by Colin YNWA, 25 May, 2022, 06:21:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Week 3 of Round 3 is 'One and Done' week with no fewer than 3 of the surviving Future Shockesque stories appearing. They all have very interesting ties and ... well we'll see. In my mind though, intriguing as those clashes are, is a modern master's face-off that is one of the ties of the Round for me, not everyone I imagine, but for me...

When Glimmer Rats - who have already seen off Big Dave and Whatever Happened to - go to war its a dark and horrible affair, with little chance of survival and mud, grim and death everywhere. When D.R. And Quinch go to war, sure there was some mud and slime, but it was more about guns carved from soap, escaping through tunnels with a vet in drag and being saved by mum... yes these are very different strips!

Glimmer Rats - more info

Vs

D.R. & Quinch - more info

Just reply in this thread naming your favourite thrill of these two series at the beginning of your post (or use Bold tags so I can spot it easily) and say what you like about these wonderful stories after that.

Match ends early on the morning of Saturday 28th May and the winner gets a place in Round 4 (of 9!!!).

What on Earth is ALL of this?

For those that need 'um and can be bothered to follow 'um there's some simple rules

Any questions, just ask as ever - and have FUN

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Trooper McFad

Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

The Enigmatic Dr X

Lock up your spoons!

Aaron A Aardvark

I've never really got Dr & Q but Glimmer Rats was under-rated.

Glimmer Rats

Magnetica

I recently re-read Glimmer Rats. It was ok.

DR &Quinch is a nailed on 2000AD classic.

abelardsnazz

Also read Glimmer Rats (for the first time) recently in the Ultimate Collection. Grim and gritty for sure but Gordon is doing this kind of stuff better now in Jaegir I think. And as I voted against DR&Q's inaugural story earlier this week it only seems right to redress the balance here.

DR & Quinch.

rogue69

AlexF

Comedy > Tragedy (especially as comedy is so hard to do well that when it works it's especially admirable)

D.R. & Quinch

sintec

Glimmer Rats does the grim future war really well, I'm glad it got included in the UC. That said I'm going to have to vote for D.R. and Quinch two iconic characters from.

Richard

It hardly seems fair to put these two against each other! A very silly comedy series vs. a grim war horror story. I like both.

DR & Quinch does comedy better than all the other comedies in the prog. Glimmer Rats does war better than Rogue Trooper did.

Just wave them both through to the next round!

Barrington Boots

You're a dark horse, Boots.