Main Menu

Forum’s Favourite Thrill - Ro-Jaws Robo-Tales vs. Survival Geeks Round 3 Heat 23

Started by Colin YNWA, 26 May, 2022, 06:41:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Week 3 of Round 3 is 'One and Done' week with no fewer than 3 of the surviving Future Shockesque stories appearing. They all have very interesting ties and ... well we'll see. In my mind though, intriguing as those clashes are, is a modern master's face-off that is one of the ties of the Round for me, not everyone I imagine, but for me...

Those Robo-Tales have taken out few done in ones Tales from MC-1 and 86ers thus far. It will face a much stiffer challenge with Survival Geeks, conqueror of Soul Gun Warrior, a delightful thrill that was funny and charming and made the smart move of knowing when to bow out.

Ro-Jaws' Robo Tale - more info

Vs

Survival Geeks - more info

Just reply in this thread naming your favourite thrill of these two series at the beginning of your post (or use Bold tags so I can spot it easily) and say what you like about these wonderful stories after that.

Match ends early on the morning of Sunday 29th May and the winner gets a place in Round 4 (of 9!!!).

What on Earth is ALL of this?

For those that need 'um and can be bothered to follow 'um there's some simple rules

Any questions, just ask as ever - and have FUN

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Aaron A Aardvark

There are some good Robo-tales but Geeks wagood for a chuckle.

Survival Geeks

rogue69

Link Prime

IndigoPrime

Survival Geeks was a variable read, but mostly a slice of lightness and silliness that worked well in the Prog. The Ro-Jaws Robo-Tales barely left an impression at the time, and they don't have the clout, depth and highlights of the bigger one-and-done series, so it's an easy win for Survival Geeks.

AlexF

Yeah, totally. I feel bad that the one-and-dones are falling by the wayside but in this case, it's clear that Survival Geeks is just all around better.

sheridan

Are we including the initial Abelard Snazz story as a Robo-Tale (which I think it was when first published)?

Barrington Boots

You're a dark horse, Boots.

Magnetica

Ro-Jaws Robo Tales had some of the best one off stories ever. Like Sheridan I seem to think the first Abelard Snazz story was one.

Overall I'm going to go Survival Geeks.

I wasn't a fan at the start but I was by the time we got to the last two or three series. So much so that I miss it.

AlexF

I'd say this vote definitely includes that first, Steve Dillon Abelaard Snazz two-parter - but not the rest of his stories which had their own slot in the Tourney.

But for me, that's not the best Robo Tale, and certainly not cleverer or funnier than pretty much all of Survival Geeks.

Funt Solo

Those one-parter series have highs and lows, but the format betrays them.

Survival Geeks is a solid gold modern 2000 AD classic. Yes: modern and classic. Also perhaps the best comedy they've ever done. And it seemed to know when to end, avoiding the wheel spinning of some other long-running series. Still - there's 'Splorers to enjoy now.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++