Main Menu

Forum’s Fav Thrill - Tribal Memories vs. Meltdown Man Rd 4 Heat 2

Started by Colin YNWA, 04 July, 2022, 06:23:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Well we'll start Round 4 with no gush of excitement. No giddy anticipation of the tough, enthralling ties to come. Instead to really fire up those juices with a service announcement! Turn around is so fast I've not been mixing up these thread openers the way I intended and just kept rattling on with the same ol' format (for the posts the comp ain't changing). I had plans and maybe next round but for now, well if it ain't broke and all that... what and EXPLOSION into Round 4 hey!

Bit of a David vs Goliath meet up this one (just imagine now many cliched sentences like that would have been lost if Goliath had won that fight!). Weighing in at 4 Progs we have Tribal Memories. At an unbroken 50 (!) Progs we have Meltdown Man. Mind as the other cliche goes size is certainly not everything.

Form book:

Tribal Memories - Snapshot; Witchworld; Megatropolis

Meltdown Man - Bye; Stalag 666; Dash Decent

Tribal Memories - more info

Vs

Meltdown Man - more info

Just reply in this thread naming your favourite thrill of these two series at the beginning of your post (or use Bold tags so I can spot it easily) and say what you like about these wonderful stories after that.

Match ends early on the morning of Thursday 7th July and the winner gets a place in Round 5 (of 9!!!).

What on Earth is ALL of this?

For those that need 'um and can be bothered to follow 'um there's some simple rules

Any questions, just ask as ever - and have FUN!

Funt Solo

Tribal Memories is all very worthy, riffing off Brave New World and all that - but Meltdown Man was fun, for fifty episodes straight.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

To echo what has already been said, Tribal Memories is an underrated classic and one that should regularly be used to show the lie in the claim that 2000AD is all 'big stern men in helmets with guns'. But Meltdown Man was so completely joyous for each week of that year it ran, that it is almost as deeply embedded in my personal idea of the prog's DNA as Nemesis, Slaine, Dredd or Rogue Trooper.

SBT

abelardsnazz

Meltdown Man was fun but I have an ongoing admiration for Tribal Memories.

Magnetica

rogue69

AlexF

Sometimes bigger and longer is also better. I admire Trobal Memories, not least for its well-fought fights in this very Tourney - but Meltdown Man has anthropomorphic animals with machine pistols.

Barrington Boots

You're a dark horse, Boots.

Aaron A Aardvark

Wow, Meltdown Man has had an easy ride so far!

Meltdown Man

davidbishop

IndigoPrime

Meltdown Man is the best of that kind of strip, and has some fab art. But Tribal Memories was something really special. So that wins it for me.

Dash Decent

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.