Main Menu

Forum’s Fav Thrill - Ant Wars vs. Strontium Dog Rd 4 Heat 10

Started by Colin YNWA, 11 July, 2022, 06:30:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dash Decent

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

I've recently read the majority of Strontium Dog over the past couple of years. Starting from the post-death reboot, going to the end and then starting from the Starlord originals. While it's a great series and a huge part of my childhood (I currently wear a Stronty badge on my daily hoody that came with a huge batch of badges from a kind soul here) I found the earliest stuff quite a slog.

Except Bad Boys Bust, which is every bit as magnificent as it was all those years ago over rice crispies before school.

I absolutely loved the reboot though.

As for Ant Wars- it's giant bloody ants killing people! It doesn't get better than that. There should be giant insects killing people in every prog. It's a staple. Which is why new comic 'Endangered' is so good and why I read it thinking it really should have been in the prog.

But really, in this case, it's Strontium Dog.

SBT

Barrington Boots

Surely hardly anything can stand against is Strontium Dog
Certainly not Ant Wars! Although I share SBT's giant insect enthusiasm.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Huey2

NapalmKev

"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

Funt Solo

Big shout out for Ant Wars - just because it really is an entertaining slice of early 2K.

But Strontium Dog wins it, by a country Gronk. Oh, my poor heartses!
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Dash Decent

Quote from: Funt Solo on 11 July, 2022, 08:44:14 PM
Big shout out for Ant Wars - just because it really is an entertaining slice of early 2K.

We're really getting into the troublesome point of having to pick between genuine favourites.

But yeah, stomp on the ants.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

AlexF

No question that Ant Wars is better than some Strontium Dog stories. Maybe even half of them? Maybe?

But Strontium Dog deserves to win this round, and it will.

Rogue Judge

Colin YNWA

Quote from: The Mind of Wolfie Smith on 11 July, 2022, 11:07:05 AM
ALSO ... GIANT, SUPER-INTELLIGENT MAN-EATING ANTS!!!!!!!!

Come on hold onto this as with a day to go I expect the biggest comeback and the greatest shock of the tourney so far. I'll announce that astonishing news in the morning.

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

So there we have it proof that Ant Wars is the greatest and most popular GFD story. Only the tournament favourite Strontium Dog could take it out. And even then it was a shutout, it was... quite a tussle... from one angle. What more proof do you need?

Strontium Dog

Is into Round 5 but Ant Wars gets a prize of its own.