Main Menu

Hello from NYC

Started by Brujaria, 05 May, 2023, 06:36:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brujaria

Hello. Long time 2000ad fan trying to fill in the many gaps in my collection, so any help/advice/guidance is appreciated. I've been buying sporadically since the mid 80's but in the states that's been difficult. Finally a subscriber and have filled in what I can from the official store, but now I need leads in good stateside shops and collectors as well as any good mail order. Thanks for admission to the board and I look forward to getting to know the community. I'm a complete noob as far as these postings go so go easy with me if I make any mistakes, definitely hope to be a positive contributor.

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JohnW

Welcome, Brujaria.
I've only been here a few months myself, but these cantankerous bastards are my brothers now.
Give it a little time, and you'll happily lay down your life for this forum.
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

Colin YNWA

ADMIN! ADMIN! Can we sort Brujaria out with a full account?

Welcome aboard. Can't help you with advice about collecting in the US but lovely to have you aboard and look forward to hearing a fresh perspective on things.

Enjoy catchin' up and playing here.

broodblik

Welcome aboard. Sorry I cannot help you with any progs whereabouts in the states where I stay the last life prog I have seen was early 2000s. But anyway enjoy your stay.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Trooper McFad

Welcome and enjoy the banter 👍🏻😁

Before JWare beats me to it. I am now asking all new members this:

If you have hidden talents (writing/drawing/programming/model making) the board has a Christmas Advent thread each year where everyone is invited to pick a date during December and post their Christmas themed 2000AD efforts (but not necessary) and let other boarders enjoy the talent amongst us. Watch out for the submissions thread in November.

And all you Auld yin's I expect more from this year 😋

Pleeeeeese
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Kaijurand

Greetings from Astoria,Queens

There is a warehouse in Brooklyn that is open to the public sporadically or by appointment that buys and sells back issues, mainly to comic shops. He sells them in bundles by year published.

Just looked it up its Joseph Koch Comics Warehouse. Apparently they are open regular hours now. It's in Sunset Park. I haven't been in years as its a bit of a pain taking public trans to get there. Maybe call ahead and ask first.