Main Menu

who areyou????

Started by mogzilla, 02 August, 2007, 01:41:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Enigmatic Dr X

In real life, buttonman looks disturbingly like Cosh's icon. In fact, I did a double take when I saw the picture.

Then again, it was dark in the pub when I met them.
Lock up your spoons!

Trout

Lino? Cosh, that's brilliant!

But I haven't done a Karpets heading, sadly. I will own up to "Thor Thunders To Stage Win," based on the limited success of Thor Hushovd.

- Thor-out

Peter Wolf

As soon as i saw the icon of Buttonman i knew buttonman was the humourous type although thats obvious from the choice.I love the icons.I just find them interesting to study but a lot of them dont enlarge well . The Green Man icon [johnnystress] is one i like.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Jim_Campbell

"I found a copy of "The Nephilim " at the car boot last sunday."

And that is my very favourite-est album of all time, as I think we have established in many interminable music threads over the years on this board.

Unfairly confined to the ghetto of "Gothic" categorization, 'The Nephilim' is, I will say again, one of the most underrated albums in the entire rock genre.

Put this album on without the prejudice of a genre stereotype, and I guarantee that from the pounding, hypnotic opening drums, to the epic, mesmerizing album closer of 'Last Exit', you won't regret hearing this.

With one important exception! Rip the bugger to iTunes (or media management software of choice) and then discard the track 'Shiva' ...

This track is a hang-over from the early days of CDs, when record companies used to stick "bonus" tracks onto CD albums to make them more appealing than the vinyl/tape equivalents. Shiva is a B-side that, on its own, is neither particularly good or bad.

However, its position on the album borders on an act of vandalism ... the album hammers through three fast pacers, and then shouldpause for breath with the splendidly mournful (and inappropriately titled) 'Celebrate', before powering into 'Love Under Will'. The inclusion of Shiva before 'Celebrate' puts two slow-tempo tracks one after the other and all but breaks the back of the album.

Rant over. Back to the crypt for me ...

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Peter Wolf

I havent taken in all of that post yet i have cleaned the record so i will have a listen after a gap of  a number of years.I have no prejudices of genre stereotypes in music and never have done as it misses the point of being a music lover.The sleeve especially the calligraphy inside the gatefold is beautiful and the sleeve has a 4ad records look to it.

My favourite album of all time :Blue Sunshine  -  The Glove   [Robert  smith  - steve Severin ]   CD with extra tracks.

Thanks  !

Peter
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

ThryllSeekyr

COSH, it would also be easy to assume he trying to get away from the car that looks like it's chasing him.

In retropsect, I thought he really was a extra from 'Romper-Stomper'

He's got that look of menace which was very atypical among the main characters in that film.

Link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0105275/" target="_blank">You've seen anything like it.

http://www.theage.com.au/ffximage/2004/11/20/romper.jpg">