Main Menu

John Hicklenton at the Science Museum this Wednesday

Started by petemaskreplica, 28 January, 2008, 10:01:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

petemaskreplica

If you're in London on Wednesday, you might be interested in this documentary screening and discussion at the Science Museum's Dana Centre featuring the man with the most misspelled surname in comics, John(ny) Hicklenton, talking about his battle with MS.

Link: http://www.danacentre.org.uk/events/2008/01/30/358" target="_blank">Here's Johnny

http://www.danacentre.org.uk/images/events/lead/bedlam.jpg">

philt

Brendan McCarthy cover(!).  

Quick scan - Zarjaz

johnnystress

I had no idea he was sick...must've missed that thread

That's very interesting

Richmond Clements

Jesus. I had no idea either.
That's bloody terrible.

Buttonman

Yeah I got a shock when the wife pushed her Telegraph on top of my Sun and asked if it was one of 'my guys'. Sounds a dreadful situation and I wish John all the best. Although I was among his detractors for the recent Satanus strip he is an undoubted talent and I feel guilty at picking nits when the guy is suffering so much. Still I'm sure a few moaning fanboys don't even get on his radar.

I hope Tharg sorts out some sort of tribute or benefit for John in what must be an unimaginably difficult time.

Steve Green

Thanks for the link, I can't even begin to imagine what it must be like to go through that.

- Steve

Keef Monkey

That's a tragedy. I was also very critical of his Satanus stuff but regardless of what I think of his artwork, the fact that this illness is going to be getting in the way of him doing what he loves is pretty upsetting and my thoughts go out to him.

LARF

COMMANDO FORCES

I am stunned at this shocking news and I hope John can find it in himself to still do some more art.

mogzilla

we're all sorry john! pat mills had no excuse though...

Adrian Bamforth

Oh dear, how awful...John's Nemesis art was one of the things that drew me into 2000AD, even though I didn't always know what was going on. His Judge Dredd stuff looks just as good and I do know what's going on. He's one of the best Dredd artists there is, I hope his drawing provides therapy for him for a long time to come.

JOE SOAP

The fact that he was able to draw Satanus III at all, and to such a standard, in his condition is a triumph and something to be admired. Let's hope he doesn't suffer too much, however hard it will be.

+rufus+

John is one of the bravest people you could possibly wish to meet.

As well as having a cutting sharp wit, ninja art skills and a joie de vivre which would put most people to shame... He is a great talent,truly inspiational.

The fact he has managed to complete a major art job, in the face of adversary (and it must be said, I the face of rudeness and vitriol), makes me realise how much more I have to achieve.

John's faced a lot these last few years, and both John and his beautiful wife Claire have managed to take it all in their stride.

I was lucky enough to have seen this film at John's place last year, and it left me humbled.

Go and see it.

John, You are truly a star.

Your friend
Rufus

Matt Timson

Has there been a thread that said he was ill?  I must have missed it if so.  God- MS.  What a fucking horrible thing to have happen to you...
Pffft...