Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills!

Started by radiator, 10 February, 2012, 12:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

credo

Quick question to any production droids lurking: any sign of the following trades

Volgan Wars 4 paperback
Savage Vol 3
Mega City Undercover Vol 3
Rogue Trooper Vol 4 (containing cinnebar, which is amazing, and the G Rennie stuff, which I've never read)

Hawkmumbler

Volgan War TPB is on the cards i think for sometime early next year.  Savage Book 3 might need one or two more stories. Mega City Undercover 3 will currently only contain The Deal currently so that'll be a while off. Cant vouch for Rogue Trooper 4.

vark

Quote from: vark on 17 October, 2013, 10:14:08 PM
Yes!! Volume 10 of Charley's War deluxe collection received today! The reproduction quality is quite perfect from start to finish (very very neat).
I confirm what my eyes have seen as the editor of the series in France said to me that Titan has used the same source material (and the same graphist to scan them) as them.

IndigoPrime

I really hope that Rogue Trooper fourth book happens. It's almost criminal Cinnabar hasn't seen print in a trade, yet has been reprinted so often elsewhere. It's one of the very best Rogue tales of all. (Frankly, I wish a clone of John Smith tasked with only writing Rogue Trooper had been given the Fr1day character after that initial run to play with.)

credo

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 22 October, 2013, 11:50:27 AM
I really hope that Rogue Trooper fourth book happens. It's almost criminal Cinnabar hasn't seen print in a trade, yet has been reprinted so often elsewhere. It's one of the very best Rogue tales of all. (Frankly, I wish a clone of John Smith tasked with only writing Rogue Trooper had been given the Fr1day character after that initial run to play with.)

What is the general opinion of the Rennie stuff?  From the few pages I've seen, it was a return to original Rogue, jettisoning all the ludicrous continuity of the later Friday stuff. Is that the case, or are we still playing with the Rogue and Friday part of same universe silliness?

IndigoPrime

They were flashbacks to the original character/line-up. I personally don't think they were top-tier 2000 AD, but then I've never really rated Rogue Trooper. I imagine if you liked 'classic' (i.e. pre-Hit) Rogue, you'd like the Rennie stuff a lot.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 22 October, 2013, 12:44:43 PM
I imagine if you liked 'classic' (i.e. pre-Hit) Rogue, you'd like the Rennie stuff a lot.

There was some lovely Staz Johnson/ David Roach art on some of those stories.

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Colin YNWA

I really enjoyed the Rennie stuff, but then I'm not a fan of the original at all (for me 2000ad most over rated strip), numerous glorious artists who did such great work on it aside. So I'm wondering did my low expectations going in mean as was able to enjoy it more than most?

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: credo on 16 October, 2013, 02:24:00 PM
Just noticed that the next volume in the Slaine trades looks to collect everything up to Book of Invasions. From the Amazon description:

"Having united the Tribes of the Earth Goddess to battle the hoards of Fomorian sea demons determined on enslaving them, Slaine was appointed as the first High King of Ireland. After protecting the tribes for seven years, he was put to death so that he could serve Danu in the afterlife. This exciting collection features a series of adventures which took place during Slaine's seven-year reign as 'King' - a period where he spent time as a near-mindless beast stuck in a warp spasm, was reunited with his son Kai and was forced to defend his lands against the Secret Commonwealth of demons led by his old enemy, Medb!"

So all the "Lost Tales" and Secret Commonwealth too. So glad that's not a volume on its own. Next question - is "Arrow of God" included?

I was wasn't them to be all collected into the same volume  :o

Quote from: credo
Next question - is "Arrow of God" included?

Where Slaine is coloured blue.

Quote from: CredoRogue Trooper Vol 4 (containing cinnebar, which is amazing, and the G Rennie stuff, which I've never read)

So, there is more Rogue to come and thought I had them all with the first three volumes.

ThryllSeekyr

Any news about Slaine - Book of Scars?

This site no longer has a Coming Soon section.

IndigoPrime

Book of Scars should be out in a couple of weeks. As for the books site, it's on my long list of things to do. I'll chase for the AI files of upcoming titles.

vark

It seems to be a pretty sure thing, unless Pat and Clint are willing to signed on leaflets...
https://forbiddenplanet.com/events/2013/11/06/pat-mills-and-clint-langley-signing-slaine-book-sc/

Colin YNWA

Just started a thread for this but might as well mention it here too seems IDW will be releasing new Rogue Trooper comics too.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/10/22/godless-worlds-brian-ruckley-to-launch-new-rogue-trooper-series-for-idw/

radiator

Can't wait to see Stokoe's covers! Guys a genius.

Hawkmumbler

Has anyone got Button Man: Get Harry Ex yet? What exactly is in it? All four BM books?