Main Menu

Meg 215

Started by ukdane, 12 January, 2004, 02:11:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Floyd-the-k

Thanks for the nice words about my letter being printed, you all.  I just write a lot of letters, honestly, that`s all.
  I didn`t say, though, that CW was brilliant, I just said I was enjoying it so far...

by the way, did anyone else have a Megazine with some of the pages still sealed together? I had to use my train ticket as a letter opener.

O well, more once I`ve read the rest of the Megazine.

yours epislatorily (I bet that`s a real word)

Floyd

Mangamax

Re Satanus, can't believe this Duke bloke is the same artist as on Brats Bizarre in Toxic waaay back. Thought art was supposed to improve in time?
The perspective on that chairs all wrong

stront692

it has??? brats bazarre was one of those stories that suited a quirky art style so u could hide the fact u couldnt draw

u think this satanus is bad, check out his usa stuff - u cant get worse (they are still trying to flog them to us as high art)

its very loose and cartoonistic for years (but with lots of full page cartoon pictures which is really annoying cos u know that the artist is taking the rip)

dont know where this style came from really

i liked brats bazarre though (was good, and never finished either by the way)

GordonR

"Yes, I will stand here and explain, for no good reason I or anyone else can understand, my own personal ethos on law enforcement to these two pieces of lawbreaking scum.  Afterwards, when I've finished, we'll get on with the story again."

Trout

That Dredd dialogue made me think of Torquemada's superfluous soliloques.

I think "clunky" is quite a good word to describe it, but it doesn't go far enough.

Add: clumsy; ham-fisted; self-indulgent; cringe-worthy; perhaps even juvenile and certainly unsophisticated.

Does no-one at the Command Module have lead in their blue pencil?

- Trout

test 4 echo

"Add: clumsy; ham-fisted; self-indulgent; cringe-worthy; perhaps even juvenile and certainly unsophisticated."

even that might not go far enough. has mills forgotten hardly anyone works in MC1? how much of dredds day is spent hunting down the pens from work thieves? and the last panel showing dredd firing off a loose shot...wonder where thats ended up?

this was the low point in what i thought a prety good meg. undecided about the dredd files though, how long is this going to go on?

Trout

It's a bit Slainey, too.

"Arresting perps, breaking heads with my daystick, revving my Lawmaster engine... these words are pleasing to me..."

- Trout

W. R. Logan

>undecided about the dredd files though, how long is this going to go on?

I like it and hope it stays a permanent feature until everything is listed.

La Placa Rifa,
http://www.2000ad.nu/classof79/>W. R. Logan.

http://www.2000ad.nu/classof79/images/Co79_logo.gif>

GordonR

I like it too - if maybe for selfish reference-related reasons - but was I the only one who found the layout a bit confusing in places?

Presumably, they're going to keep on going until they catch up with the current stories.  And, after that, there's the Meg stories, the annuals, the summer specials etc etc etc.

Just imagine that, Floyd!

Dudley

Yes, more Dredd files please!  That way all the little stories that never got resolved will be laid out in an easy-to-follow format, meaning that someone somewhere might choose to solve the Crystal Skull cliffhanger, or the "Psi-visions of a major Sino-Cit war" cliffhanger, or the Charles Darwin block cliffhanger...etc

Also, it's a handy cut-out-and-keep reference guide to when certain half-decent villains are due to get back out of the Iso-Cubes, thus possibly providing great jump-off points for the scriptdroids.

Finally, it's just really interesting.

...Dudley

Art

I demand a return ti the days of "Stomm! It's Peters, the man who DRANK THE BLOOD OF SATANUS!"

W. R. Logan

>Also, it's a handy cut-out-and-keep reference guide

Should come in handy for John Wagner & save him e-mailing me.

La Placa Rifa,
W. R. Logan.

Trout

Logan - :-)

I'm not reading the Dredd Files in-depth, as I did with TPO, but it does hold some interest.

I'm pretty much skimming it, and I'm looking forward to when the continuity errors start popping up, and we have to argue about them on the board ad infinitum. :-)

- Trout

Matt

The Blood of Satanus storyline is bloody awful, that dialogue about stealing pens was shit. It was nearly as bad as last months Whatever Happened To Tweak. Apart from the crappy 'movie' tie-ins, there's a reason that Pat Mills hasn't written for Dredd since prog 154 (the last Satanus story), he's no good at it. His vision of Dredd doesn't sit well with that of Wagner, Grant and Rennie.

On another note the Whatever Happened to Maria was excellent. Loved the end panel, very sad and spoke volumes on the value placed on life in the big meg. Also liked the way Maria wasn't Italian in the slightest. Can't wait to read more of these.

paulvonscott

The Prog hasn't arrived here in The Village, so thank fuck for the Meg.

Just read Alan's opinion on LEXG which is pretty much the reaction most people had.  While watching it I had to cry out 'what's it all about' in pain three or four times (and that was retsraining myself).

Anyway, the point I'm going to makle is that Alan has pretty much coined the phrase 'ballsy slappers' which is something I've been looking for to describe the 'tough yet sexy bitch women' who infest comics like lice on a dirty dingo's doo-dah.

Durham Red - Ballsy Slapper.

Anyway, off to read the meg.

Be seeing you.