Main Menu

Something confusing in Leviathan this week

Started by GothicDaylight, 19 September, 2003, 11:48:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GothicDaylight

Two things puzzle me in leviathan this week:

1- Didnt Ashbless die in episode 2?

2- Does this demon guy power leviathan and if so surely the captain knew that already without lament going to the engine room?

Pyroxian

I don't think Hastur powers Leviathan - he's just bound to Ashbless, and he needed somewhere to store him during the voyage...

Steve

opaque

I think Steve is right and I assumed, after this weeks story that when they left 'our' world the ship was powered by the powder of that world not Hastur, and in fact he was kept weak on purpose.
BUT...why were the stokers banned from the engine room? Why not just lock Hastur in a sealed room not something with a giant soul sucking window?

Queen Firey-Bou

whoa there me hearties ! didnt the leviathon run out of juice  many a year back ? so wouldnt that there mean that one eyed hastuuur was the power source? & wasnt the implication was that it was haveing a pet demon that gave Mr ashbless the advantage in the inventorial stakes, implying that mr demon was part of the design?

opaque

Bit contradictory isn't it. I can understand the ship being powered by some myserious force or by Hastur  but what about food? It's obviously not so fruitful as it was but what there is must be coming from somewhere, the good stuff is obviously nearly all gone but for the 1-2nd class passengers I don't know if they'd be eating rat and mushrooms.

Do really like it though, just the sort of thing I want to see in 2000ad

judge dreddd

like most things it tends to fall apart when you analyse it...its a great story so lets just let it be...oh ok then..how did he hump that bloody huge demon around for so many years with nobody noticing ?

GothicDaylight

It's bound to the "eye" amulet round his neck, he looked at it when the steerage was shot

Im guesing its what the demon's soul is attached to

Slippery PD

On the subject of food werent they eating the zoo and other stuff they had brought, not forgetting the rationing it could last a long time.

There are eyes everywhere I suspect thats how the demon is locked into the ship.  Oh and I, detect a little betrayal at the end.....

Yer Slips

Capt.Zeep

1. Ashbless didn't die in episode 2, that was "Jerry Leadbetter".  I'm also now convinced that "shaving guy" in ep. 1 was Lament (Frost).

2.  Hmmmm I'm taking it that Hastur is powering the ship and conjuring food

Z

Devons Daddy

Why not just lock Hastur in a sealed room not something with a giant soul sucking window?

hastur is trapped within the huge amulet eye.
its actaully the all seeing eye. featured heavily in the entire artwork. its not a window so to speak . for some real understanding ask a free mason.it has something to do with the eye being the window to the soul.

for refernce. check out any yankee $ bill,many many great biulding and the local town hall if its pre war. likely has the inscription. somewhere. the mark of the masonic lodge.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!