Main Menu

Current TV Boxset Addiction

Started by radiator, 20 November, 2012, 02:23:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Professor Bear

As an elitist animu snob I only watch subtitled versions so that I can better appreciate the creator's original vision.  So far, the subtitles seem to be telling me that Hideaki Anno intended that gay people don't exist, and that the words "leftist" and "terrorist" are synonyms.

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Professor Bear on 08 July, 2019, 01:03:04 PM
As an elitist animu snob I only watch subtitled versions so that I can better appreciate the creator's original vision.  So far, the subtitles seem to be telling me that Hideaki Anno intended that gay people don't exist, and that the words "leftist" and "terrorist" are synonyms.

Ah yeah that queer erasure is fucking gross but the actors do there best with the icky script. I tend to be a sub snob too but the OG Evangelion dub was my first anime experience 15 years ago so it's a strange exception to me (along with Cowboy Bebop and Black Lagoon, two A* dubs).

Mardroid

I enjoyed Dark season 1, and looked forward to the second... but now it's here I'm delaying watching as I can't remember all that happened, and I know it will be extra confusing as a result. I watched the 'story so far' trailer on Netflix... and it didn't help much.

I should probably just rewatch season 1, I guess. Likely I'll enjoy it well enough if I do it's just the thought of slogging through episodes I've already seen.

moly

Dark season 2 was just as good as season 1 great series and can't wait for season 3

radiator

Quote from: Funt Solo on 21 June, 2019, 01:51:54 AM
Just watched A Touch of Cloth (3 episodes; 2012-2014), which I'd been unaware of until Amazoon stuck it in front of my face a few days ago.  It's like every British crime drama meets Police Squad.  Hilarious.

I love this show - still amazed that it got made.

Charlie Brooker at his absolute silliest.

Dandontdare

Are you sure this is on Amazon? Can't find it - unless you mean DVD rather than streaming?

Tiplodocus

Be excellent to each other. And party on!

zombemybabynow

Started watching (sky) year of the rabbit   
Matt berry as Victorian drunk detective
Quite funny, very sweary
Good manners & bad breath get you nowhere

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: zombemybabynow on 10 July, 2019, 06:35:20 AM
Started watching (sky) year of the rabbit   
Matt berry as Victorian drunk detective
Quite funny, very sweary

"You have the right to remain....blah blah blah, lock the twat up."

MacabreMagpie

Started 'Killing Eve' this week. Only at the end of season 1 but I can see why lots of my friends (particularly the ones into 'Hannibal') have been raving about it.

zombemybabynow

Was trying to watch the new Legion [marvel] season 3 on sky
Definately jumped the shark - have given up halfway through episode 2
Season 1 was f@@@ed-up genius, season 2 [spoiler]had the fella from concords dancing in an ice cube nuff said[/spoiler]  season 3  - care?

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

zombemybabynow

though, they've just added [channel 4's ] Derry Girls to netflix - love it

zombemybabynow

Almost Human for the umpteenth time - rocks

Dandontdare

Quote from: zombemybabynow on 12 July, 2019, 05:46:32 PM
though, they've just added [channel 4's ] Derry Girls to netflix - love it

Quote from: zombemybabynow on 13 July, 2019, 04:50:18 PM
Almost Human for the umpteenth time - rocks

Two shows that I missed at the time and regretted it! Cheers!

Professor Bear

Stranger Things 3 - good, and then it wasn't, and then it was excruciating.  The comedy Russian stuff was too tonally dissonant and a lot of the final episodes were cringe-inducingly clunky, especially one really unconvincing redemption arc.  A lot of characters sipping on dumdum juice made this quite disappointing.