Main Menu

comin back to dredd

Started by hazy efc, 28 June, 2012, 12:36:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hazy efc

man is it good to come back to judge dredd here's the deal about 20yrs ago my aunt got me a 2000ad comic and i loved it dredd the most sooo id pick it up when i could mainly 4 dredd then the not so good movie came out and it was about that time i kinda lost track so i was on youtube the other day and i came across the trailer 4 dredd man i was blown away i felt like that 11 year old gettin his 1st 2000ad so heres tha prob i got 17 years 2 catch up on i wanna read read read till that badass lookin movie comes out so can any1 kindly recomend what dredd tales i should b lookin up thanks

Sedgendary

Welcome Hazy, it seems that there are a lot of people (including me) who have returned to the world of Judge Dredd because of the new movie.

As for what stories to read I'm sure more knowledgeable people here will provide you with a comprehensive list of what you should read, but I would suggest Origins as a good starting point as it covers Dredd's background 

Colin YNWA

Welcome aboard and have fun...

Though I do wonder what EFC stands for...???

hazy efc

take a guess i think u no lol  :D

Colin YNWA

Well I'm sure you're lovely anyway!

rog

Hi hazy efc, have to agree with Sedgendary about Origins, it was one of the first things I've read as I'm also getting back into Dredd. I also had a read of America (from the Megazine) which is a very different kind of story but says a lot about Dredds world. Of course I'm new too and there will be advice from people who are real experts so heed their wise words and you can't go wrong - enjoy :D

You're not the first person to comment on 'that' Stallone thing putting them off IIRC, it must have had a real bad affect on 2000AD readership!

W. R. Logan

Origins is a good place to start then move forward through the stories.
To catch up with what you've missed before then the Case Files are exactly what you need.

Sedgendary

Yeah I'm going through the Case Files now and the first few volumes are pretty cheap on amazon.co.uk

It's interesting to see how much the character has evolved since the begging. Though it is a bit daunting going through 35 years of comics though as some of these strips are older than me  :o

rog

Quote from: Sedgendary on 28 June, 2012, 03:29:31 PMsome of these strips are older than me  :o
You young whipper snapper you ;)