Main Menu

New dredd video game

Started by hazy efc, 13 September, 2012, 09:25:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hazy efc

With the great new movie coming out in the uk last week no 1 at the box office i might add and i hope it continues to do well you gotta think that rebellion who i think have the rights to the video games are thinking about a dredd game somewere down the line so it got me thinking about who could develop the next judge dredd game we finaly have a badass movie to be proud of so why not a video game next peronally id like to see rebellion hand over the development to a group like epic games can you imagine a dredd game made by them boys WOW or how about rocksteady studios who makes the fantastic arkham games i mean that would be mind blowin thats from the 3rd person perspective how about maybe the 1st person infinity ward or treyarch anyone or maybe an RPG like mass effect or RTS like comand and conquer how do you guys think they sould go about doing a dredd video game :D

Goaty

there is thread below the board.

MR. ELIMINATOR

Rebellions' facebook page and the official Judge Dredd page posted a link to an article discussing the prospects of a Dredd video game 2 hours ago. Nothing confirmed, but I really hope they go for it! Would be ace.

MR. ELIMINATOR

GordonR

QuoteBrit developer Rebellion own the comic brand 2000AD, which owns the Judge Dredd IP. They've got form in licensed and original games: they developed Aliens Vs Colonial Marines for Sega, Dredd vs Death and, most recently, Sniper Elite V2

JournoFail. The Colonial Marines game is being made by US developer Gearbox, not Rebellion, and hasn't actually even been released yet. (Although it seems to have been in development forever, starting about the same time as Rebellion's AvP game, which came out two and a half years ago.)

judge devs

Weren't Rebellion originally the developer of Colonial Marines and for some reason or another they either gave it up it was moved to Gearbox which is why it's been dragging on so long? I could be wrong about this but I seem to remember reading things various Playstation mags a while back about Colonial Marines and them saying Rebillion as the developer. No question that they're not doing it now though.

MR. ELIMINATOR

No don't think so, just AvP. The Journalist probably meant to put that instead of aliens vs colonial marines.

Danbo

Don't shout at me.

I think Rebellion should try and get a special DLC pack for Call of Duty,just a Lawgiver would be ace a map even better.
Dreaming I know.
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

judge devs

Mr Eliminator, you're probably right.

Danbo, that  would be pretty cool.

MR. ELIMINATOR

I would love a first person shooter where YOU are Dredd. And rebellion could do it. Please do it.

PsychoGoatee

Quote from: MR. ELIMINATOR on 15 September, 2012, 04:19:57 AM
I would love a first person shooter where YOU are Dredd. And rebellion could do it. Please do it.

They did make a Dredd first person shooter which is pretty fun, Judge Dredd: Dredd Vs. Death.

As for a new game, whether it's first person or third person is cool by me.

jamesedwards

Parts of the Dredd movie actually felt pretty Metal Gear Solid - that'd be a smart genre to approach it from.

PsychoGoatee

Quote from: jamesedwards on 15 September, 2012, 09:24:38 PM
Parts of the Dredd movie actually felt pretty Metal Gear Solid - that'd be a smart genre to approach it from.

MGS are my favorite games, hell yes, and they're use of great cinematic storytelling, communicating on radio, etc would suit Dredd well. But gameplay wise, being primarily stealth action, that genre wouldn't really suit Dredd. So maybe take some nods from MGS, but go for more straight up action gameplay.

Keef Monkey

Dredd Vs Death was fun, and was very much the colourful fantastical take on Dredd. Would be nice though to see a Dredd game similar to the tone of the film, I'd imagine commercially that would do well too.