Main Menu

This thing in my head

Started by richerthanyou, 19 February, 2016, 10:15:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

richerthanyou

The problem with doing anything when you are drunk is there is a good chance you will regret it. In saying that it fits my idea perfectly.

I don't even know what context this idea works in but hear me out.

There is a person in a room. The room is filled with everything a person would need to survive. A source of food, water and shelter. The room has a single door. If the person goes through the door there is no way they can come back to this room. There is no way of knowing what is in the next room. Does the person stay in the room knowing that they have everything they will ever need or will curiosity get the better of them and they go on the next room.

Let's say they go to the next room. This one is like Disneyland in a huge room, so big you can't see from one side to the other. This room (as of every room) has everything the person will need to survive but this one also has lots of fun things to do.

The person eventually gets bored and goes on to the next room. The next room is in almost total darkness. The ground appears to be moving but upon closer inspection the entire floor is made of live cockroaches, which are also the only food source in this room. The water is just as bad as you could imagine in such a room.

Now, the person hurries to leave this room and continue on to the next one, thinking that it can't get any worse. They go on, and the next room is even worse. NOW, the next room is identical to the first.

Does the person now stay in this room, or risk going forward again and possibly find something much worse than they have already seen (or much better)

Maybe this is some kind of drunken analogy for life? Or maybe I've just watched too many movies. Anyway, it's time for bed. I will just leave this here and see how it reads when I wake up. Goodnight.
(  ゚,_ゝ゚)   

sheridan

I'd assume the next room is another fun room and continue.  Though of course, what I'd be worried about is if the rooms just get worse and worse with no respite.

TordelBack

Relax, as long you both know what the other expects from it, and it's not going to reopen old wounds, there's no reason you can't enjoy a quick tumble wiith your ex.

M.I.K.

All of my rooms have varying amounts of cockroaches in them. Where do I register a complaint?

The Enigmatic Dr X

Life is a roller coaster.

Or maybe a ghost train (too short, bumpy and not as good as you hope).

But, probably, a roller coaster.
Lock up your spoons!

Dandontdare

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 19 February, 2016, 08:45:48 PM
Life is a roller coaster.

Or maybe a ghost train (too short, bumpy and not as good as you hope).

But, probably, a roller coaster.

You must be THIS high to enter

Conceptulist

My suggestion:
When life's door is repetitive, use the windows. And if there's no windows, you better get started on making 'em, we need to stay up to standards on our fire safety, or we'll have no door to walk through for forever.  :)
'Beasts and ghouls have always plagued our nightmares, but it is our own insecurities and failures that truly horrify us.'

The Legendary Shark

Maybe you should try going outside from time to time.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Conceptulist

There's an OUTside?! Blasphemy!  :lol:
'Beasts and ghouls have always plagued our nightmares, but it is our own insecurities and failures that truly horrify us.'

richerthanyou

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 21 February, 2016, 05:45:28 AM
Maybe you should try going outside from time to time.

I went outside and now I'm homeless! Gotta find the next door...
(  ゚,_ゝ゚)