Main Menu

On telly this week

Started by Emperor, 24 December, 2011, 04:01:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

My homeboy, Hans Zimmer, is on Newsnight talking about his work on Batman, Superman, Pirates of the Caribbean and all Ridley Scott's films ("in a moment" says the gorgeous Emily Maitlis):

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/tv/bbc_two_england/watchlive

Dandontdare

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 04 October, 2013, 10:31:15 PM
Quote from: Mabs on 28 September, 2013, 09:56:57 PM
Quote from: Hawkmonger on 28 September, 2013, 08:24:01 AM
Well that was a satisfying finale to The IT Crowd. Loved Richmond once again and getting Anonymous to feature on the shows running gag was hilarious. :lol:

Also, did anyone spot the Dredd vs. Death statue and first two case files (in the wrong order!) throughout the episode?

Wait. Do you mean our Richmond? Richmond's a T.V star?! :o

You realise we all waited DAYS to let you be the one to respond to that!  :lol:

Mabs

My Blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

My Twitter @nexuswookie

Definitely Not Mister Pops

I'm watching The Sky at Night. This show is nothing without Patrick Moore, NOTHING!
You may quote me on that.

Frank

Unreported World on C4 right now is going to be brilliant. Taken in Venezuela, basically.

Frank

Hour long 6 Music interview with David Lynch, where he talks about music and his childhood.

Professor Bear

The new Dracula show is surprisingly unoffensive despite (a) having an American-accented Dracula and (b) being complete trash, turning him from murderous supervillain into a camp crusader antihero.  There's lots here that's familiar, especially the tired old Mina Murray thing - all the adaptations I've seen have featured much more saucy Lucy Westernra - and if I never see another tv show about a shadowy cabal controlling everything I'll be a happy man, but the idea of Dracula teaming up with a seedy Van Helsing to take down the oil industry by inventing a new form of energy and TEARING OUT ALL OF THE THROATS IN LONDON is amiably daffy.  There's steampunk sci-fi, rooftop swordfights, bright red blood and heaving chest-puppies, so while there's room for it all to go horribly wrong quite quickly, it at least sets out to be entertaining.

Goaty

The Enigmatic Dr X

American Horror Story: Coven starts this week, on FX. Wednesday at 10, I think.

This is some of the best genre stuff to be made in years. It deserves your eyeballs' attention.
Lock up your spoons!

Link Prime

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 27 October, 2013, 07:16:09 PM
American Horror Story: Coven starts this week, on FX. Wednesday at 10, I think.

This is some of the best genre stuff to be made in years. It deserves your eyeballs' attention.

On tonight at 10pm.
Looks very promising indeed.

Goaty

Race With The Devil - FilmFour now.

Not see that for long time, and watch it now, :)

Spikes

Quote from: Goaty on 01 November, 2013, 10:49:00 PM

Race With The Devil - FilmFour now.

Not see that for long time, and watch it now, :)

Cheers for the heads up, Goaty, otherwise id have missed this. And ive not seen it in donkeys either.
(Taping it off Film4 +1, to watch later, as ive missed the start).

Link Prime

Film 4 has been showing some class horrors recently.

Stake Land is on tonight at 10.45; a post-apocalyptic vampire movie with aspirations to be a cross between Justin Cronin's The Passage and Matheson's I Am Legend.
Or maybe not, but they both came to mind when I watched it.

Bleak, glib, dark, with a B movie heart- just what every Walking Dead fan wants.

Fun fact: Actor Nick Damici also co-wrote it, which is probably why his character (the mysterious 'Mister') has all the best lines.

Goaty

Don't turn on Channel Five now, put your Dredd Blu-Ray on!

maryanddavid

They did say 2000AD's Judge Dredd in the intro..