Main Menu

Prog 2319: Kill Code

Started by norton canes, 14 February, 2023, 11:00:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

broodblik

Quote from: Mike Carroll on 16 February, 2023, 06:06:36 PM
Quote from: broodblik on 16 February, 2023, 10:55:15 AM
Quote from: norton canes on 16 February, 2023, 10:39:29 AMI'm trying to work out how Citheronians actually perambulate - by undulation? Or do they have little feet hidden under their bodies?

I believe they move like snails. Now I will not be able to sleep until I know the answer and hopefully Mike will come to our rescue

Mike to the rescue. So thankful I will now be able to sleep again  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
The Citheronians perambulate via a complex combination of hidden wires, subtle grease, and, of course, invisible jetpacks.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

JohnW

Quote from: Mike Carroll on 16 February, 2023, 06:06:36 PMThe Citheronians perambulate via a complex combination of hidden wires, subtle grease, and, of course, invisible jetpacks.

I knew it!
*goes off to collect winnings*
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

Jake Lynch

Quote from: Mike Carroll on 16 February, 2023, 06:06:36 PM
Quote from: broodblik on 16 February, 2023, 10:55:15 AM
Quote from: norton canes on 16 February, 2023, 10:39:29 AMI'm trying to work out how Citheronians actually perambulate - by undulation? Or do they have little feet hidden under their bodies?

I believe they move like snails. Now I will not be able to sleep until I know the answer and hopefully Mike will come to our rescue

The Citheronians perambulate via a complex combination of hidden wires, subtle grease, and, of course, invisible jetpacks.

I stand corrected.
@ArtDroid_Lynch

Colin YNWA

Well got and read this last Saturday but ongoing 'getting on the Website' issues while at home (its driving me nuts, what on Earth is it???) have got me behind. Tonight I've dragged out the work laptop top, onto the VPN in play time and will catch up with my correspondance.

Ohhhh I don't even remember this Prog, let's see what a flick through gives us.

Dredd - fun but indulgent story. Enjoyed it, didn't need it.

The Out - remains brilliant. Cyd flees, things explode and we get out. Wonderful.

Joe Tin Man - oh yeah, that happened...

The Order - twists and turns as Ben Franklin seems to struggle (having read this weeks Prog this is actually brilliant!)

Proteus Vex - Gotta love some Midnight. I mean sometimes she's able to be an unstoppable death beast and that feels like a get out free card... but who cares when its this good. Bloody love this.

Yeah that was a good Prog and its only that I'm an old fart and have just read an even better Prog that mean I didn't remember it...

IndigoPrime

Bit of a late one from me. Nice cover. At least something good has come from this Pineapples run. The Dredd probably wisely ends rapidly, given the thin plotting. Fun, but throwaway. I get other people's misgivings about The Out, but it all still works for me. It continues having the capacity to surprise.

Joe Pineapples feels like what would happen if you fed Pat Mills scripts into ChatGPT. It's just so nothing. There are some odd solid moments, but the depiction of the sole female protagonist as, frankly, unhinged really grates. (The strip has form on this scale.) The art's quite nice at least, recalling the Black Hole mission. Perhaps I should just stop reading the words...

Finishing up, The Order feels like it's lapsing back into being incomprehensible, while Proteus Vex is grind-inducingly excellent and for me nudges ahead of The Out this week.

Vex > Out > Dredd > Order > Pineapples Two great/one good/one OK and one that needs someone to clean out the produce aisle.