Main Menu

Team Building The Black Freighter Way

Started by hag, 17 October, 2008, 01:30:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hag

Had an awful group interview the other day. Imagine your stranded on a boat with your co-interviewees, a terrible storm/fire/event has happened. No sail, no engine, no one who knows how to survive on the high seas. Arrange these 15 things in order of priority. 15 items, water, sextant, plastic sheeting, petrol, army rations, other crap, etc.

First of all, does anyone know how to use a sextant? No, well lets put that at the bottom of the list.

Do we have any way of ascertaining where we are, apart from in the middle of the pacific ocean? No, well the map is useless.  

Chocolate? Well, I'm a women, hahaha, lets put that nearer the top! Yeah, Women, HA! They like chocolate.

Floating seat cushion? Well, while we're all safe on the hulking wreck of the boat it can't be that useful.

What if we all get chucked into the sea? It'll be a bloody scrum. What if there is only one of us left? Well, I'll be making a raft out of your bloated corpses.

Guess I'm the only one here who's read Watchmen.

I didn't get the job.

TheEdge

Top 2
Water then Rations for longevity

Myself personally i'd be looking for a satallite phone a radio or an eye patch and some white paint ( get the skull and crossbones up early)
"Save Trees, Eat Beavers"
"Animal Rights: Animals have the right to be tasty"

Batman's Superior Cousin

I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

SamuelAWilkinson

I've had that one. Turns out that food and water should come below flares and radios and shit, since apparently statistics say if you're not rescued in the first 24 hours, you probably won't be at all.

Since I had this little assessment dealy while I was working in a British Gas call centre, I was quite perplexed that my lack of knowledge of maritime trivia should have anything to do with my actual performance.
Nobody warned me I would be so awesome.