Main Menu

Threadjacking!

Started by Proudhuff, 11 June, 2012, 02:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

Quote from: El Pops on 13 March, 2013, 06:55:22 PM
Probably nothing. I doubt North Korea could cover the cost of getting there.

And UK plc could? We've scrapped our air and naval fleets and freed Burdis, Vzzbuxx and their mates to find employment with the kind of privately owned corporations who would be running any kind of sequel to the Falklands War. The venture to restore property values in Goose Green in 2013 would involve a task force of fourth sector volunteers and welfare-to-work conscripts being transported to Las Malvinas by Virgin logistics, the catering would be subcontracted out to Tesco's Everday Value, and the whole thing would be project managed by G4S with the same acumen they displayed in operating the Olympic security contract.

The whole thing would be funded through PPI, and our children would all still be struggling to meet the spiralling payments on the compound interest long after the combined banks of Ireland/Iceland/The Royal Bank of Scotland foreclosed on the second mortgage we'd taken out on the Palace of Westminster.

TordelBack

Plus the Argies are in favour with God right now.

Frank

Quote from: TordelBack on 13 March, 2013, 09:00:41 PM
Plus the Argies are in favour with God right now.

Looking at the assassination attempts, Parkinsons disease and the financial and sexual scandals which bedeviled his predecessors, it's diffcult to figure them or The Pope's latest regeneration as enjoying The Almighty's favour. Pope Francis does appear to be enjoying Terry Wogan's Blankety Blank microphone, though:

JOE SOAP

And there's Rupert Murdoch to Papa's left.

Frank

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 13 March, 2013, 10:24:43 PM

Christ, you're right! Although, like babies, all octogenarians look the same.

JOE SOAP

There's some serious wanking going on in the Holy See, or a great Specsavers deal.

Bubba Zebill

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 13 March, 2013, 10:24:43 PM

I was just about to say the same.
Judge Dredd : The Dark (Gamebook)
http://tinmangames.com.au/blog/?p=3105

Bubba Zebill

...and is that Cardinal Dick Cheney on his other side?...an axis of medieval.
Judge Dredd : The Dark (Gamebook)
http://tinmangames.com.au/blog/?p=3105

TordelBack

Everytime I look at these hate-fueled charlies in their palaces of gold and their ruby slippers I find myself hoping that Jesus really was the Son of God.  'Cos boy would those lads ever be in trouble.

Move out to an office block on the Via Prenestina, buy some mid-price suits, liquidate your uncountable trillions and use them to elevate the lives of your flock, subscribe to some basic tenets of human law and morality and clean your organisation of known criminals.  Then maybe I'll pay your internal politicking and 'modernising reforms' some attention.  In the meantime, you all look like immoral bigots in tasteless dresses to me.

Frank

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 13 March, 2013, 10:36:00 PM
There's some serious wanking going on in the Holy See, or a great Specsavers deal.

The glasses make him look like Milhouse, or possibly Kirk Van Houten. TordelBack: Gavin Estler's currently telling me what a simple life of self-denial and austerity Black Francis leads - he takes the bus! I'm sure he's turning over tables in the Vatican Bank and returning Nazi art as we speak.

Link Prime

Quote from: sauchie on 13 March, 2013, 10:50:10 PM

The glasses make him look like Milhouse, or possibly Kirk Van Houten.

He'll be serenading some poor alter boy with "Can I borrow a feeling" within 2 days.

TordelBack

"...Put your hand in my glove of l-o-o-ve".

The feckin' Jesuits have it all sewn up Ted.  It's a long way from Loyola he was rared.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: sauchie on 13 March, 2013, 10:50:10 PM
I'm sure he's turning over tables in the Vatican Bank and returning Nazi art as we speak.

Benny's dorm is full as it is.

Goaty

Quote from: sauchie on 13 March, 2013, 10:22:17 PM

Where the Groundhog? So is Spring coming or still winter...?

CrazyFoxMachine

I gift to the forum an undeniable fact: