Main Menu

Threadjacking!

Started by Proudhuff, 11 June, 2012, 02:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proudhuff

Quote from: Satanist on 26 September, 2012, 12:56:01 PM
Whenever I go into the newsagents near work to buy the prog the chap there always calls out "MR 2000AD".

You don't get that kind of recognition via a sub!

I used to get something similar, 'ah Mr P, its here somewhere, Doris, Doris Find Mr P's comic' the were a loverly pair of old gents.

Mind you now i get to read the Prog in bed without leaving it (that's what well trained sprogs are for)
DDT did a job on me

The Legendary Shark

I was once driving my Lada through the countryside at night when one of the back wheels came off and rolled into a field of celery. A policeman appeared as I was retreiving my errant wheel because some local farmer had reported me for celery rustling.

Does anyone else have an amusing anecdote about their Lada?
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

PsychoGoatee

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 26 September, 2012, 09:17:03 PM
I was once driving my Lada through the countryside at night when one of the back wheels came off and rolled into a field of celery. A policeman appeared as I was retreiving my errant wheel because some local farmer had reported me for celery rustling.

I don't have much to add there, but I enjoyed the story.  :D

Dandontdare

Yes I ... oh about a Lada?

Dammit, I thought you were asking for celery-rustling anecdotes. Ah well.

Shame too, it would've knocked your socks off.

TordelBack

Quote from: Satanist on 26 September, 2012, 12:56:01 PM
Whenever I go into the newsagents near work to buy the prog the chap there always calls out "MR 2000AD".

Good job you don't have an order for Razzle.

Proudhuff

The field after Sharkie had 'retrieved his wheel officer':

DDT did a job on me

Definitely Not Mister Pops

I love Soviet engineering. I've never owned a lada, but I do know an interesting fact about Soviet engineering that relates to wheels. Apparently, the railway lines in Poland and Belarus have different gauges and spacings. When you're crossing the border by train, you don't just get on a different train, oh no, that's what a decadent capitalist swine would do. Instead the train goes into a darkened shed, with the passengers still on board, and they change the trucks and wheels. It's a hang over from the paranoid cold war era, a method of trapping would-be spies trying to cross the border by train, and discouraging their own citizens from travelling. It's still in operation, 24/7, to this day.
You may quote me on that.

Bubba Zebill

I'm pretty sure I mentioned a few weeks back (on this thread) a conversation I had with someone that lasted (thanks to an untimely interruption) over a year. Well, I kid you not, I was being told, by one who would know, about the good qualities of the four-wheel-drive Lada...a thing I'd never heard of.
Judge Dredd : The Dark (Gamebook)
http://tinmangames.com.au/blog/?p=3105

Spaceghost

I've got a luvverly bunch of coconuts.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

Link Prime

Quote from: Lee Bates on 28 September, 2012, 01:56:05 PM
I've got a luvverly bunch of coconuts.

A mild shudder at the thought you're in post-breast augmentation op euphoria.

von Boom

Spikes

That bloke was definitely cheating on pop master yesterday.
Ken Bruce soon got the measure of him though.

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

The Enigmatic Dr X

I'm sorry it doesn't have big stompy robots in it. I'll fix it for next time.
Lock up your spoons!