Main Menu

If you're going to KAPOW, come to <ahem>. Saturday 9th April. In a Pub.

Started by Lady Festina, 24 March, 2011, 05:58:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Festina

If there's demand for a pre-ahem drinky on Friday, then I can highly recommend the Lincoln Lounge, just round the corner from Kings Cross station (see http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/75/7561/Lincoln_Lounge/Kings_Cross).

Pete Wells

Hope it's nicer than the Flying Scotsman in Kings Cross which I ended up in on Friday. Anyone who's been there will know what I mean (hubba hubba!)

However, I'm happy to go back there however, if anyone wants to see...

http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/47/4710/Flying_Scotsman/Caledonian_Road

JOE SOAP

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 05 April, 2011, 03:01:09 PM
[
I'm sorry Joe but it was on the official KAPOW site, on the 2000AD panel info but obviously it ain't now!

T'was never on the front page where the movies are mentioned though which always made it dubious unless it's a surprise.

Kev Levell

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 05 April, 2011, 06:15:10 PM
T'was never on the front page where the movies are mentioned though which always made it dubious unless it's a surprise.

Joe, I don't think it was ever dubious - and iirc it was billed as an attraction, whether it was on the Kapow front page or not... add to that the fact that the producer announced it and the news was broken on the internet via many sites (including CBR) that there would be an exclusive preview at Kapow:

Quote from: Andrew Macdonald"It is fantastic to be involved with Kapow! and I'm really looking forward to talking to all the fans about our upcoming Dredd movie. I'll be on the 2000AD panel with a little taster of what people can look forward to from our 2012 release".

Admittedly that link is a cached one, but I'm sure we had the news here as well...

COMMANDO FORCES

I never saw that Kev, I tried not to read it but I did  :'(

By the way Joe, I never said it was on the front, I said it was mentioned in the 2000AD panel. I always felt it was going to be more of an interim sort of thing, to keep the 2000AD fans happy and so that we could get a sneaky peak and then go and spread the good word before any trailer hits the net!

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Kev Levell on 05 April, 2011, 07:12:49 PM

Joe, I don't think it was ever dubious - and iirc it was billed as an attraction, whether it was on the Kapow front page or not... add to that the fact that the producer announced it and the news was broken on the internet via many sites
Quote from: Andrew Macdonald"It is fantastic to be involved with Kapow! and I'm really looking forward to talking to all the fans about our upcoming Dredd movie. I'll be on the 2000AD panel with a little taster of what people can look forward to from our 2012 release".

Admittedly that link is a cached one, but I'm sure we had the news here as well...

That's the one announcement i'm talking about that all the sites including this one repeated/reported. No definite on whether there'd be anything shown, rumoured to be footage, then it was pictures, and since then there hasn't really been a peep. Kapow not even putting it on the front page made it a rather uncertain affair, it would have been a big attraction, so it wouldn't have been just a line hidden in the schedule and t'would be advertised up-front with all the other big films and TV series if it was ever a certainty. Unless they really want to surprise.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 05 April, 2011, 07:19:50 PM
By the way Joe, I never said it was on the front, I said it was mentioned in the 2000AD panel. I always felt it was going to be more of an interim sort of thing, to keep the 2000AD fans happy and so that we could get a sneaky peak and then go and spread the good word before any trailer hits the net!

Don't worry, it wasn't a criticism of your good self, there seemed to be a slow back-track from the whole thing since it was announced, as it got closer to the day in question there wasn't even any real confimation. Not to say they won't have a pic or two at the 2000AD panel if DNA don't want to make a big noise without showing anything.

Pauul

I might pop into the pub after Kapow finishes around 7pm to see if anyone is still around.

Not that I'll recognise anyone of course.

Maybe I should just stand nervously in the corner? Does that sound like a good plan?

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Pauul on 08 April, 2011, 08:25:24 PM
Not that I'll recognise anyone of course.

Fat old goth. Leather trousers. Big boots. Plus/minus cowboy hat. That'll be me.

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Kev Levell

W. R. Logan

Fat old goth. Leather trousers. Big boots. Plus/minus cowboy hat. That'll be me.

I dont believe I've ever seen Jim sans hat?

Jim_Campbell

Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

COMMANDO FORCES

Off to meet Pete at Kings Cross now and then it's off to any drinking establisment  :D