Main Menu

Devlin Waugh query

Started by Judge Nutmeg, 04 April, 2014, 10:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judge Nutmeg

Apologies if a similar question has already been asked , but what stories are missing from the recent Devlin Waugh collection? and are they available elsewhere? I think i have fetish in a previous swimming in blood collection . Was'nt there a swimming in blood sequel and a text story involving an actress who had sold her soul? :-*

Dark Jimbo

What do you mean by 'missing?' This is just the first collection - later stories will be in later books.
@jamesfeistdraws

Judge Nutmeg

yeah but fetish appeared years before the chasing Herod story, thought things would be in chronological order.

Dark Jimbo

Ah, gotcha. I think I'm right in saying Fetsih was actually a Dredd story, like the bitefight one that Devlin appeared in, so it may be that the GN chaps are going to follow a similar course to the Case Files and only include the title character's stories.
@jamesfeistdraws

Judge Nutmeg

fair enough,you could be right tho maybe they'll include them in a second volume

I, Cosh

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 04 April, 2014, 10:52:25 PM
Ah, gotcha. I think I'm right in saying Fetsih was actually a Dredd story, like the bitefight one that Devlin appeared in, so it may be that the GN chaps are going to follow a similar course to the Case Files and only include the title character's stories.
It was. I had just assumed this was a straight reissue of the old DC Swimming in Blood collection rather than something new and that contents list makes it a pretty hefty volume! If they're not going to include his Dredd appearances, a second volume would either be pretty slim in comparison or need to wait for John to produce some more.
We never really die.

Dark Jimbo

I think they should press ahead with a second collection, but omit Innocence and Expierience for a possible third. That would give us a collection painted entirely by Colin Macneil! A slim book perhaps, but creatively consistent and sumptuous to look at.
@jamesfeistdraws

Sideshow Bob

As a big Devlin Waugh fan, ( who is lucky enough to own several original artwork pages of him ), I've got to say that in my opinion,  the exemplary 'Devlin' artist has got to be the wonderful Sean Phillips....The original co-creator....Some of the artwork in Swimming in Blood and Brief Encounter is just magnificent...
Not to decry any of the other artists of course, but I think Sean was an extremely hard act to follow and I would be hard pushed to say who, if anyone, did it better...

Cheers.
" This is absolutely NO PLACE for a lover of Food, Fine Wine and the Librettos of RODGERS and HAMMERSTEIN "......Devlin Waugh.

My Comic Art Fans Gallery :  http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=91890

Jimmy Baker's Assistant

I hope Fetish is included in volume 2, because I haven't read it (or at least, can't remember having done so).

TordelBack

Barney dates Fetish to 1997, which would put it in the Dredd Casefiles 26 or 27, I think?  So it'll be a while before it sees print again, at the current pace, but probably not long enough to justify inclusion.  If Radiator isn't too busy on the Oregon trail, he would have the facts.