Main Menu

3A Mongrol on sale from February 28th

Started by ming, 24 February, 2011, 11:43:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE SOAP

Pete Wells

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 19 March, 2013, 09:48:11 PM
Yes, they'll be on ebay.

For £92! The price will go down soon enough I'm sure.

Mikey

Link-if you're after one it might be worth contacting 3a via cs@threeaonline.com (i'll check that) as there may have been cancelled orders. Plus I'll keep an eye peeled for one if you like.

M
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

Mikey

Link Prime

I, Cosh

Quote from: Dandontdare on 19 March, 2013, 05:24:20 PM
Royal Mail still have no information about mine - how can they have issued a tracking number a week ago and still not have it in the system?
Same here.
We never really die.

Rex Banner

Quote from: The Cosh on 20 March, 2013, 12:40:21 AM
Quote from: Dandontdare on 19 March, 2013, 05:24:20 PM
Royal Mail still have no information about mine - how can they have issued a tracking number a week ago and still not have it in the system?
Same here.

The company that had my tracking info was www.quantiumsolutions.com using the tracking number from the email.

I, Cosh

Arrived this morning. He's a good lad.
We never really die.

nicklambo

Came this morning...Really superb...Love the weathering and articulation.... :D

Dandontdare

Mardroid

One of the things I love about this figure - apart from the fact I like big robots- not in a Lobster Random kind of way, I'd like to add - is the sense of character. Something shown in the comics from the beginning and really embodied here in solid 3D, so to speak.

I'll admit to wondering why they started with Mongrol, rather than the archetypal ABC Warrior - Hammerstein but looking at him you can maybe see why they did. That being said I'm very much looking forward to seeing Hammerstein. I'd be up for a 12 scale version.

By the way, the part of the Mess Jar that slots into Mongrols shouder is actually a different shape to the actual slot in mine. I.e. the slot is rectangular while the 'bit' (what do you call it?) has angled sides. So no wonder it won't connect. It did stick for a while but then popped out! I had to hunt for it under the sofa at one point. Don't want that molton fella to get out... ;)

Dandontdare

ah buggerit, I've snapped off his chin-ring trying to attach the chain.

Albion

The Mess canister is tricky but mine seems to be staying in place now, until I change his pose again probably.
I didn't realise it could be opened and The Mess can be removed until it accidentally came open as I tried to attach it.
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

Mikey

Quote from: Mardroid on 22 March, 2013, 03:21:36 AM
...I'd like to add - is the sense of character. Something shown in the comics from the beginning and really embodied here in solid 3D, so to speak.

Yeah, it's one of the things that really blew me away with the 1/6 Mongrol and still does. They managed to capture that essence of slightly unhinged rage that I always liked about Mongrol. And the irreverence of Ro-Jaws shines through too. Brilliant stuff! I still wish they'd get the skates on for other 2000ad figs, but the wait, though frustrating, is always worth it in my experience.

Can you imagine Blackblood done by them? Ho-boy, I can imagine him! I can imagine him good!

M.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Mikey on 22 March, 2013, 11:44:25 AM
Quote from: Mardroid on 22 March, 2013, 03:21:36 AM
...I'd like to add - is the sense of character. Something shown in the comics from the beginning and really embodied here in solid 3D, so to speak.

Yeah, it's one of the things that really blew me away with the 1/6 Mongrol and still does.

I had a 'holy sh*t!' moment the first time I caught a glimpse of Mongrol side-on, and he looks exactly - exactly - like a panel from the first McMahon-drawn Mongrol story. Really impressive stuff. Has McMahon seen this beast yet, does anyone know?
@jamesfeistdraws