Main Menu

Virus Alert

Started by Anemic_Newt, 14 January, 2002, 11:43:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anemic_Newt

Just had two messages sent to me in todays e-mail from the message board. Both for the thread "Hi Scojo" both with attatchments. My virus checker has flagged them both whilst downloading them that they contain the virus W32badtrans.B@mm
No idea if they havre come via a virus in scjo's machine now he has my e-mail address after trying the new email links via the who's where page last night, or if they have come via messages that have been submitted today.

Fortunately no damage done. Norton Antivirus claims it is a virus that infects exe files and is quite common. No more information than that.

Scojo is your anti-virus checker up to date?

Anemic_Newt

Anyone know what this virus does or who can post a quick fix to it to help whoever is infected with this may be appreciated...
Then again it may not be...
others may tell you to go boil your head...
but what do they know...
boiling heads is not good for them. Try Otto Sumps new range of beauty products then you'll know whats good for them

Newt (Told you I was cracking up)

paulvonscott

I sent an e-mail to Scojo once (for my sins!) and the reply was fine, but about a week after I got an e-mail from him with a virus on.  I think it was a delayed automatic send one.  Not neccesarily the same one I hasten to add.

You should get some anti-virus software scojo, if not for others then for the sake of your scripts.  Imagine the complete works of Shakepseare lost to a paper mite!

Good luck

PVS

Thread Zero

I replied to your email.

Did you get it virus free?

I hope so!

scojo at the std clinic

paulvonscott

Hi Scojo, I got it and I thought I'd replied to it, but my brain is nearing the end of it's eighty year programmed life so i might have forgotten.

I got a second e-mail from you, which i think the virus sent, not you, containing infected stuff.  It could be that it just had your name on or came from someone elses address book.  I just don't know.  I had an apology from someone about viruses, Its around somewhere.  If you didn't send that then it is someone elses problem and he feels reel bad.

Scojo's got a dis-ease, scojo's got a dis-ease.

Okay so he probably hasn't.  :)