Main Menu

Leaving Rowdy

Started by esoteric ed, 15 January, 2002, 03:49:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

esoteric ed

Now this is something I'm looking forward to, sounds like it could be a classic, and finally planting the seeds for the Rico crossover.

Wonder how the lung is?

Ed

paulvonscott

I just can't wait.  All the Rico stuff I have read has been fantastic.

Didn't he once get infra red eyes?

Thread Zero

Sure did.

Works wonders when he works the red light district.

And he's so cheap too!

scojo

paulvonscott

But didn't they not do anything with that ever again?

Anyway, who else wants dredd to get a wife and live in the cursed eart and raise baby dredd's.

1 vote here, powers that be!

I just don't want him to be killed of in a sh*t epic like Helter Skelter.

Thread Zero

I was joking about him having infra red eyes PVS!

I don't think he got them. Just better vision after City of the Damned.

His helmet visor has an infra red capability. As does his bike. Dredd doesn't use it much though.

As for Dredd dying. Yawn. No my guess if he ever does snuff it, Wagner will write all the Dredd stories pre prog 2. When Dredd graduated up until the year 2099.
Wagner can drag it out for yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaars!

scojo

paulvonscott

Well, Scojo, he'll only have to do that if Simon Harrison, Colin McNeil (good artist) and Alan Grant kill Dredd off in a really crappy manor that makes everyone puke in their boots and get all messed up in the head.

Wooooooooooooooooon't thhhhhhhhhhheeeyyyyyyy?

That regression therapy works great, I'm almost three again.  I think I'll stop soon.  Sometimes its not wise to go back.

Matt

Didn't Logan already post on this subject before, and the unofficial word from the man himself was that Dredd would never be killed off or replaced. He wouldn't have to age at all if someone hadn't imposed a real life time line on the strip.

paulvonscott

Yes, I already posted that comment too.  It's true.  A real life timeline probably seemed a good idea fifteen years ago.

Anyway if is is real time, just think how many Dredd stories we missed.  Soemthing interesting must happen to dredd several times a day.  There are millions of stories in mega city one a day.  We are definitely being jipped.

Matt

Dredd is defintely at his best when dealing with the citizens and quirky culture of MC1. As someone said before, Mega City One is the real star of the strip. I've got a feeling PVS that you are going to love this weeks Dredd...

paulvonscott

Hi Matt, yeah I liked it.  It was obviously a Grant strip.  Alan Grant writes Judge Dredd as if he hates him with a vengence and Dredd never looks more uncompromising and as big a b*stard when Grant writes it.  I prefer Wagner Dredd (of course) for a less one sided view but it was a good mix of funny, tragic and horrible.

I was really shocked by the way dredd cut him down and suprised by the rather sad hand written pamphlets that rained down.

I've been a fan of Ian Gibson for ages too.  

There have been a few sympathetic mutie stories from Novar onwards, I think a major storyline about a mutant in Mega City would be good.  Obviously a crossover with Strontium Dog there.

W. R. Logan

>Didn't he once get infra red eyes?

The Eyes, Anderson, give me enhanced clarity over distance, 20 - 20 night vision and a fifty per cent reduction in blinking time. Their efficency is unarguable.

In fact, my one regret is that I didn't have the operation done years ago.

City Of The Damned - Prog 406

La Placa Rifa,
W. R. Logan.

Link: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/theclassof79" target="_blank">The Class Of '79