Main Menu

Mark Millar interviews Pat Mills

Started by rogue69, 02 April, 2024, 12:52:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogue69

Mark Millar interviews Pat Mills for 2 hours on his Millar Time youtube channel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2VmyyGBBUw

AlexF

This is a genuinely great interview, Mark Millar is one of those enthusiastic chaps who wants to be liked so much he puts people at ease which works well for Pat Mills. Much as I don't love Millar's comics his energy and passion for making popular comics is joyful. Same for Mills, who clearly still wants to find ways to reach a mass audience with whatever kinds of comics he can. He may be a world class moaner but he's also not JUST moaning, he's still following his dreams, too.

judgeurko

Quote from: AlexF on 23 April, 2024, 11:31:13 AMThis is a genuinely great interview, Mark Millar is one of those enthusiastic chaps who wants to be liked so much he puts people at ease which works well for Pat Mills. Much as I don't love Millar's comics his energy and passion for making popular comics is joyful. Same for Mills, who clearly still wants to find ways to reach a mass audience with whatever kinds of comics he can. He may be a world class moaner but he's also not JUST moaning, he's still following his dreams, too.
I agree, not a fan of Millar's work but he has an enthusiasm which is good for an interviewer.

judgeurko

This was great, 2000AD listen to him if you want to survive.

GordonR

Quote from: judgeurko on 30 April, 2024, 10:40:27 AMThis was great, 2000AD listen to him if you want to survive.

What great words of wisdom about running a successful UK newsstand anthology comic does the man who failed with Clint have for us?

Richard

I don't know if Judge Urko means Mark or Pat, but I doubt that Matt Smith needs either of their help after successfully running 2000AD for 22 years now, during which time it has gone from strength to strength.

I'm sure it's a great interview (I've not listened to it yet), but don't let yourself  get carried away to the point where you lose your grasp on reality.

GordonR

Or, if he means Pat..

"What great words of wisdom on doing a modern, successful UK anthology comic does the creator of Spacewarp have for us?"

nxylas

Quote from: Richard on 30 April, 2024, 12:32:13 PMI don't know if Judge Urko means Mark or Pat, but I doubt that Matt Smith needs either of their help after successfully running 2000AD for 22 years now, during which time it has gone from strength to strength.
And Pat has praised Cyber-Matt as "the best editor 2000AD has ever had", which presumably includes himself. His quarrel is with Rebellion.
AIEEEEEE! It's the...THING from the HELL PLANET!

GordonR

Quote from: nxylas on 30 April, 2024, 01:53:38 PM
Quote from: Richard on 30 April, 2024, 12:32:13 PMI don't know if Judge Urko means Mark or Pat, but I doubt that Matt Smith needs either of their help after successfully running 2000AD for 22 years now, during which time it has gone from strength to strength.
And Pat has praised Cyber-Matt as "the best editor 2000AD has ever had", which presumably includes himself. His quarrel is with Rebellion.

When Pat got that private, marked confidential email from Matt telling him he was passing on any more Flesh stories and Pat immediately put it up on social media.....was that just the quarrel with Rebellion too?

Funt Solo

Nice to see the Mills Bashing happening on the traditional Tuesday (or Týr's Day, as it was in Sláine's time*). These traditions are important.

*Naturally, I've not been paid for my research.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

nxylas

Quote from: GordonR on 30 April, 2024, 02:12:02 PMWhen Pat got that private, marked confidential email from Matt telling him he was passing on any more Flesh stories and Pat immediately put it up on social media.....was that just the quarrel with Rebellion too?
How do you know it was marked confidential?
AIEEEEEE! It's the...THING from the HELL PLANET!

davidbishop

Quote from: Funt Solo on 30 April, 2024, 03:19:22 PMNice to see the Mills Bashing happening on the traditional Tuesday (or Týr's Day, as it was in Sláine's time*). These traditions are important.

I'm just grateful Patrick seems to have stop bashing the Bish-Op so often. It was exhausting.

Funt Solo

Don't think about it, don't think about it...
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: davidbishop on 30 April, 2024, 03:35:34 PM
Quote from: Funt Solo on 30 April, 2024, 03:19:22 PMNice to see the Mills Bashing happening on the traditional Tuesday (or Týr's Day, as it was in Sláine's time*). These traditions are important.

I'm just grateful Patrick seems to have stop bashing the Bish-Op so often. It was exhausting.

I remember Tharg's Input answers got a bit serious when you took the reins but my grud, that's the message board's quote of the week right there.  Made me laugh out loud on the train, anyway.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"