Main Menu

Experimental Comic Anthology Seeking Readers & Submissions

Started by kenreynoldsdesign, 25 January, 2016, 07:13:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kenreynoldsdesign

My name is Ken Reynolds, this is my first post to the forum, but I've been a lurker for quite a while. In fact I got my first lettering gig after contacting Dave Hailwood from his 100% Biodegradable thread here. That seems like a long time ago now, and I'm glad to say I've got more and more involved in the small press scene. I'm now assistant editor at 100% Bio, I've contributed lettering for Dave Candlish at Paragon (again through this forum) and I've had work appear in Hallowscream, plus lots of indie projects and some published stuff... Sorry for the credential dump.

After all of this, I decided to start my own anthology, and that's why I'm posting, to promote the first issue, and to seek contributors... Please read on if you're interested.

Sliced Quarterly an experimental comic anthology. We're seeking writers, artists and all-round creators for submissions.

We look to publish 'slice of life' stories told in extraordinary ways, highlighting the uniqueness of the comic book narrative. HOW the story is told using narrative devices that are specific to comics is as important as WHAT it's about.

We recently released issue #1 which is FREE to read and download on our website. It is a good reference for the kind of submissions we are looking for.
- www.slicedquarterly.co.uk

Unfortunately, we aren't in a position to offer page rates. I apologise if this offends some, but this project isn't a commercial enterprise. It's a small press anthology based on the principle of making comics, and giving creators the opportunity to play, experiment and try new ways of working.

The only incentives I can offer are a free lettering service for all approved submissions (I have a number of published lettering credits), all work remains the copyright of the creators, all work can be re-published elsewhere, a reasonable amount of time after initial publication. All contributors are eligible for a free digital copy of the issue they feature in.
I also try my best to give a platform for contributors on the anthology website, you get a page for a bio and links to your work/social media.

The plan is to publish digitally every 3 months. The first issue remains free, but there will be a small charge for future issues, with all proceeds going towards a physically printed, annual collection.

More specific details on submissions can be found here - http://slicedquarterly.co.uk/submissions/

Feel free to get in touch with any pitches or queries.
editor[at]slicedquarterly[dot]co[dot]uk

Many thanks for your time. I hope our project will be of interest to some of you.