Main Menu

2023 Advent Comments

Started by Trooper McFad, 01 December, 2023, 06:22:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayzusB.Christ

Brilliant stuff, everyone.

Trooper, love how the Dredd on the telly is giving Mean-On-The-Shelf a good stare.

Dash, keep them coming, they're brilliant.

John, that Sláine one made me laugh out loud - just what I needed after listening to the audio version of the Horned God yesterday with all its not-quite-right-but-still-good voices.. 

And I was thinking of doing a Nort / Souther Christmas truce football match too! Ah well, back to the drawing monitor.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Trooper McFad

Well done Le Fink I love your idea of those 2 scallywags handing out presents, You should go back and finish it in time and post the completed image.
Love the expressions on the droids faces after receiving their gifts
Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Dash Decent

Le Fink (Any relation to Machine Moyenne and the rest of the Gang d'Anges?), that is an excellent drawing and I love the idea behind it too.  Rendering it as a prog cover is a fantastic idea too.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Trooper McFad

Just seen Dash's double (that's what I'm calling them from now on)

I like it's a Double double theme and it took me too long to get the Christmas saying- I blame it on 1/2 a sleep Sunday morning.

Dash Decent

Quote from: Trooper McFad on 03 December, 2023, 08:57:12 AMI blame it on 1/2 a sleep Sunday morning.

I blame it on Dash's rubbish drawing skills.  : D
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

JohnW

Quote from: Le Fink on 03 December, 2023, 07:55:35 AMDidn't manage to get near finishing, and don't know if I'll have time today,
Just say it's a colouring competition! We all love colouring competitions.
The winner gets a bottle of your signature Gaultier/Sump fragrance on Christmas Eve.
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

Le Fink

Ha, I was wondering about that (getting someone else to colour it) but I've managed to do some more and will re-post when I'm happier with it... if that's OK. Found some colour brush pens and having great fun colouring in. Quinch is looking particularly lurid.

Trooper McFad

Wow Le Fink

The first was great but once the colours have been added it's elevated three fold

Well done getting it all done today

Le Fink

Quote from: Trooper McFad on 03 December, 2023, 10:17:57 PMWow Le Fink

The first was great but once the colours have been added it's elevated three fold

Well done getting it all done today
Thanks Trooper - yep it made quite a difference. I did a load of shading in there too. Too much in some places! Had to try to finish today or it would have sat there, accusingly.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

That's clearly a Christmas prog cover from back in the day. We've obviously just all forgotten all about it, and Le Fink is a dirty lazy cheat!
You may quote me on that.

Dash Decent

Wow, Le Fink, just wow!

I love the gingerbread Dredd - or dare I say it - Judge Bredd?  ("You're crumbing with me, creep!")

The shading is fantastic, particularly on the droids, and the holly is a brilliant festive touch.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

You can tell me honestly guys - do my pics look big in this?

I've posted a couple of things today.  Is it just me or do they look HUGE?

If it's not just me I'll resize the future ones.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Andy Lambert

Very much enjoying the entries so far, folks - looking forward to seeing what the rest of the month brings.
Shout out to Dash Decent for keeping us entertained with the humorous double ups - hope people are okay with some treble ups now...
Fantastic Mean Machine model on Day 1, and loving the Slaine and Nort images from JohnW. That faux prog cover from Le Fink is really lovely! Nice work so far!

Trooper McFad

Fantastic triple bill this morning we are be spoilt.