Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

ZenArcade

Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Frank

Laugh it up, hippie. You'll be grateful we drilled this stuff when The Infected are infesting your local Spar shop.

mogzilla

as long as they leave the cornettos alone
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience.

Frank

I was hoping to lure Burdis into the debate, as I know for a fact he has his own zombie apocalypse survival plans and scant regard for US tactical acumen.

ZenArcade

The worst bit is they are going to side with known adversaries against american zombies....that is just inexcusable cowardice, treason and zombieist to boot. Z

ZenArcade

Does the redoubtable CF's anti-zombie tactics involve cowering in a certain, paraphernalia bestrewn 'cellar' whilst the rest of us fight the good fight against the ravening undead hordes? Z

COMMANDO FORCES

I have my plan for survival all prepped and ready to go ;)

mogzilla

Quote from: sauchie on 16 May, 2014, 10:56:16 PM

I know for a fact he has his own zombie apocalypse survival plans

who doesn't?
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience.

Frank

Quote from: ZenArcade on 16 May, 2014, 10:56:26 PM
The worst bit is they are going to side with known adversaries against american zombies....that is just inexcusable cowardice, treason and zombieist to boot.

I suppose the real story is that the reason the US military came up with this fanciful scenario is that they knew their gaming scenarios would be made public and didn't want to give tinfoil hatters documentary evidence that Barack Osama-Bin-Laden was drawing up plans to have US troops open fire on US civilians:

"The military's "Counter-Zombie Dominance" plan was hatched in 2009 and 2010 when U.S. Strategic Command in Omaha, Nebraska, needed a creative way to conduct training that the civilian population wouldn't misinterpret in terms of civil liberties or real-world foreign policy objectives. Planners needed an intriguing situation (e.g., a deadly pathogen essentially turning people or animals into zombies) that would not cause political blow back for policymakers"

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/may/15/pentagon-has-plan-counter-zombie-dominance-during-/#ixzz31v0rU4Tn

By contrast, if the front page of The Sun revealed that the SAS practiced bayonetting babies we'd all just roll our eyes and mutter "typical". Not that UK freedom of information laws would even require the details of Operation Shish Kebaby to be made public.

TordelBack

Quote from: sauchie on 16 May, 2014, 11:09:23 PMOperation Shish Kebaby

I sense you've been saving that one up for some time.

Fungus

Quote from: mogzilla on 16 May, 2014, 11:00:45 PM
Quote from: sauchie on 16 May, 2014, 10:56:16 PM

I know for a fact he has his own zombie apocalypse survival plans

who doesn't?

Ah. I keep putting that off...   :-\

ZenArcade

Operation Sish Kebaby would 'take away' the last vestiges of our humanity.....OK I'll leave. Z

Dandontdare

I realised not long ago that of all the possible crisis scenarios I may face in the next few decades - global financial crash, social breakdown and civil war, epidemic plague, nuclear war, etc - the only one that I feel prepared to deal with is the zombie apocalypse.

That's not very practical is it?

TordelBack