Main Menu

I like the new Look!

Started by The Legendary Shark, 02 February, 2023, 01:12:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WebAdmin

You should be able now to navigate to your profile at the top of the site and see "Look and Layout" then you will be able to choose light/dark theme for your profile. This will take affect once you are logged in.
Thanks

Colin YNWA

Arh damnit. I was hoping the update would enable me to access via my ISP at home but alas no, still getting the same error message

QuoteThis site can't provide a secure connection
forums.2000ad.com sent an invalid response.
ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR

Can access on the same devices on different networks (so when in work) and when logged into my work VPN at home.

I have contacted my new ISP but they simply said we don't block anything and its at this (2000ad Forum) end. Such a pain. Is there anything about the Security Certificates that's going to be updated?

broodblik

Quote from: WebAdmin on 03 February, 2023, 08:23:29 AMYou should be able now to navigate to your profile at the top of the site and see "Look and Layout" then you will be able to choose light/dark theme for your profile. This will take affect once you are logged in.
Thanks

When I click on "Look and Layout" I do have this option at all
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

IndigoPrime

@WebAdmin:

A fuller fix for the mobile issues might be required (the site CSS appears to lock to desktop for some components, regardless of platform), but I did a quick hack locally yesterday that appeared to fix things in a test environment.

In responsive.css, place the following after '@media screen and (max-width: 720px) {'

.main-menu li.menu-item {
        font-size: 11px !important;
        padding: 8px 5px;
    }
    .main-menu li img {
        display: none !important;
    }

When the viewport goes below 720, the above reduces the nav font size, lowers the padding, and removes the 2000 AD logo (which otherwise gets squashed).

Richmond Clements

Looks good, but as with everything at our age...

WebAdmin

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 03 February, 2023, 09:08:57 AMArh damnit. I was hoping the update would enable me to access via my ISP at home but alas no, still getting the same error message

QuoteThis site can't provide a secure connection
forums.2000ad.com sent an invalid response.
ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR

Can access on the same devices on different networks (so when in work) and when logged into my work VPN at home.

I have contacted my new ISP but they simply said we don't block anything and its at this (2000ad Forum) end. Such a pain. Is there anything about the Security Certificates that's going to be updated?

Forum uses up to date standard please see here https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/analyze.html?d=forums.2000ad.com

Please PM your ip address https://www.whatismyip.com

It sounds like your IP address might have been blocked for some reason.

Colin YNWA

Cool - cheers. I'll do that when I'm home.

Thanks for the quick response.

I mean you could just be sick of me , which would be valid after SOOOO much posting!

WebAdmin

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 03 February, 2023, 10:33:24 AMCool - cheers. I'll do that when I'm home.

Thanks for the quick response.

I mean you could just be sick of me , which would be valid after SOOOO much posting!

Troubleshooting might be quite simple.

If it's blocked on all devices at your home -> IP is blocked. If you don't have static IP then this IP changes and it's might be shared by lots of people.

Old device -> Might not support up to take protocols

PC only -> Maybe Anti Virus ?

Link Prime

@ WebAdmin - I can't find the 'Spoiler tag' option either.

norton canes

This is all great, thanks admins (thadmins)

Tomwe

Quote from: WebAdmin on 03 February, 2023, 08:23:29 AMYou should be able now to navigate to your profile at the top of the site and see "Look and Layout" then you will be able to choose light/dark theme for your profile. This will take affect once you are logged in.
Thanks
I am logged in and also cannot see a theme change option (desktop). Not that I'm too bothered but I went looking and it wasn't there.

Richard

Please can we have the "Active Topics" button back?

Magnetica

Quote from: Richard on 03 February, 2023, 11:57:04 AMPlease can we have the "Active Topics" button back?

There are what appear to be links to Unread Posts and Updated Topics at the top of the screen, but when I click on them, nothing happens.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Magnetica on 03 February, 2023, 12:46:30 PM
Quote from: Richard on 03 February, 2023, 11:57:04 AMPlease can we have the "Active Topics" button back?

There are what appear to be links to Unread Posts and Updated Topics at the top of the screen, but when I click on them, nothing happens.

Are you on a mobile device. I've found that 'Unread Posts' doesn't work on my phone but works a treat on my laptop.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: WebAdmin on 03 February, 2023, 08:20:00 AMWould like like button / mention to be enabled ?

Yes, please, sir!  :)
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.