Main Menu

Free prog bonanza! Get 'em while they're hot and avoid the thrill-suckers!

Started by Noisybast, 16 October, 2009, 08:50:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noisybast

I've got a shitload of old progs* sitting in my living room, waiting for an owner. It's not 100% unbroken, but it runs from the 300s to about 1300-1400ish, with loads of doubles (and even triples in many cases). They're mostly in pretty good condition. Any boarder who needs them to plug gaps in their collection and doesn't mind coming to get them is welcome to help themselves. I'm in Liverpool, for those who don't know.

I'd have put this in the Classifieds section, but I can't be arsed selling them. Too much like hard work.

*Many thanks to erstwhile boarder and nouveau-antipodean Thinky for giving me the majority of this thrill-mountain *ages* ago. I've finally sorted through them and swiped the ones I needed!
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Paul faplad Finch

Mighty generous offer Noisy. I just wish I was in a position to take advantage.

It's times like this I curse my bike riding, public transport if it's too far for my ailing legs to pedal, stance.  Yeah, yeah, save the environment, but if I could drive I could get a shitload of free comics. Why must the good be punished?

It doesn't mean that round my way
Pessimism is Realism - Optimism is Insanity
The Impossible Quest
Musings Of A Nobody
Stuff I've Read

mygrimmbrother

Holy Moses Tanenbaum! I live just up the M6 in Preston, and would love to take some of them off you! I'm particularly interested in stuff post 1100-ish. Can you pm me with your details! I will of course wash your dishes, walk your dog, mend your clothes etc in return.

mogzilla

hey grimm, i'm just down the road in leyland what bit of preston dya hail?

mygrimmbrother

Broughton! One of them lil worker's cottages by the Burlington if ya know it?

mogzilla

mygrimmbrother

Quote from: mogzilla on 16 October, 2009, 11:05:19 PM
hey grimm, i'm just down the road in leyland what bit of preston dya hail?

We'll have to get together for a brewski sometime and chew the fat.

brendan1

How generous!

I'm from Liverpool - although I live in Surrey - but I can arrange a collection, should you still have them, as lots of the family still up there.

Brendan

Noisybast

Sorry Brendan - only just spotted your reply.
You're welcome to come and take what you need after MGB's finished.
PM me and we'll sort something out.

thinky

what goes around comes around! - i love the fact that progs will pass through many hands without their thrill-power diminishing, plugging gaps in collections and finding their spiritual home.

thinky
you think this isn't me? that's so sweet...
//http://www.adverseCamber.co.uk

Noisybast

You still want these, Brendan?

I'm going to keep these 'til the weekend, then I'm going to have to consign them to several charity shops to make room for Christmas. Any and all takers welcome.

The Legendary Shark

Whereabouts in Liverpool are you? My brother lives in the Maghull area so maybe I can prevail upon him to pick them up.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

COMMANDO FORCES

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Noisybast

I'm just off Penny Lane, Shark (as cliched as it may be).
Hope he's got a good-sized car - there's eight big Bag-For-Lifes there!