Main Menu

dredd vs zombies

Started by judge cooper, 07 September, 2012, 06:04:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Bissler

Quote from: radiator on 15 January, 2014, 05:23:48 PM

And some of us couldn't give a shit about game stories, and think that the drive towards linear, cut-scene heavy, narrative-based 'cinematic' games is at best a backwards step, or evolutionary dead end. Or is it just me that is sat there hammering the A button during every cutscene in every game ever?

There are definitely more games with cutscenes that are irritating than ones that add to the experience so I know where you are coming from.  But with the wealth of background available to Dredd I'd enjoy a few story elements / cutscenes.  A really well developed Dredd game could really open up the comic to a new audience.  While it makes no difference to me personally how many people read Judge Dredd, I think that it deserves to get out to a much wider audience than is currently the case.

radiator

To me, suggesting that adding cutscenes would improve a game is like suggesting a film would be improved if the viewer could press a button to choose an ending.

The Bissler

You're missing out on a lot then.  Games like Mass Effect, Fallout 3 and The Elder Scrolls are all excellent games deepened by the cutscenes and dialogue between characters.  They wouldn't be half the games they are without them.  Same applies to the likes of GTA, a lot of the time you don't know what you're doing unless you watch the cutscenes and often they are funny, making the game more enjoyable.  In a perfect world they'd make GTA:Mega-City 1 where you are a small time perp trying to survive the city and evade the Judges as you become a big time racketeer.

Each to their own though!

SmallBlueThing

While this works fine on my eldest's iPad 2, it does absolutely nothing on youngest's ARCHOS android tablet. Just installs, then displays the Rebellion logo and shuts down. The reviews on the Play Store seem to indicate this is a problem across a number of tablets and phones. Any chance of an upgrade?

SBT

mogzilla

we just got a binatone for a steal! dredd plays fine on it I just have to get better at playing it...are rebellion ever going to do a console dredd/2000ad game again?
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience.