Main Menu

Being a Dungeon Master... on line.

Started by The Doctor Alt 8, 12 February, 2021, 09:50:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Doctor Alt 8

Barrington Boots

I've used Heroforge in the past (for models for this very game, actually). If you 3D print and paint them yourself they're reasonably decent.
Last time I finished a campaign we just had a barbeque.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

NapalmKev

Quote from: Barrington Boots on 15 March, 2021, 09:27:09 AM

barbeque.

And Beer. Get them to dress as a close approximation of their character, ply them with booze and then send them on one last quest/Treasure hunt around your garden.

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

The Doctor Alt 8

Sigh. Well that didn't last long.

My fledgling D & D group is no more.

Although Adrian still wants to play he can't for the next coming month or so until his visitor who will be coming over for at least two weeks returns home. (Because said visitor has irrational jealousy issues and therefore well I don't need to state the obvious)

One only was able to join us twice due to technical issues outside our control. (And you thought I was the death of technology!) This is apparently due to her "bootlegged Frankenstein's monster of an ancient laptop.

One now has "leadership training" for his church group on his only free evening

and our newbie (Who never supplied anything other than her stats, was a high elf in the arcane trickster class and had a bump on her head that was due to a curse didn't realise that you are supposed to actually DO something yourself not be told every little thing to do... even after I gave her a list of suggestions and even told her to GO TO THE ADVETURES GUILD to meet up with her spy master ...so got board and doesn't want to play anymore.

I don't really want to give up being a DM but well I now need a new team to play with....

sheridan

I volunteer as a new team member - which version are you playing?  I have the Metzner and Molvay box sets, plus versions 3.5, 4 and 5th edition of yer modern D&D.

sheridan

Oh, and technology-wise can do duo-google, skype, discord and zoom.  Sure I'm missing one out there...

The Doctor Alt 8

Ok. I am playing version 5. Homebrew plot. We have been using microsoft teams... but I have Discord. We won't be "ready" for a month... ( I travel to Adrian's to play because doing so at home isn't an option.)

We will be meeting at a tournament/ fair.

Due to the small number of players we had I took the unusual step of being a character as well. I am a level 5 Bard. 

anything else you want to know well you just have to ask.

The Doctor Alt 8

Anyone else want to join in this game? Could use another couple of people.... (There is a limit to how many voices I can do!)

DM me if you are interested...

The Doctor Alt 8

Sorry things have got away from me here. Adrian finally had his gall bladder removal operation... something he has been waiting for for over a decade! (And I think he only had it now due to others not wanting to risk a stay in hospital during covid. The operation went fine except he had a side effect that tool a while and a longer stay in Hospital to sort out. He is on the mend but we do need some more On line players.... anybody else want to have a go?