Main Menu

New 2000AD Covers Blog

Started by Pete Wells, 06 July, 2009, 06:33:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

judda fett

Pete Wells

James Harren's mind blowing cover is on there today, and it's a topper!

Spikes

Quote from: Pete Wells on 10 February, 2013, 10:28:55 AM
See Henry take on Ditko, Kirby and more and win!

Slightly off topic, but i came across these while looking for something else, and thought id post them up.
Henry's cover is just fantastic - and i love to see new takes on the old classic's.

Paul Chadwick previewed these a couple of years ago, and i always thought they was spot-on.

Henry's art will be auctioned off on e-bay, im lead to believe...

Pete Wells

Ha, they're great Judge Jack!

Onward, I've finally had a few minutes to put Simon Davis' Smash-ing Ampney cover up. I LOVE this 'un!

There's also a look at the Babbagists, in case people are struggling with the current Ampney arc...

Pete Wells

After a couple of hectic weeks, I'm playong catch up. Today I'm posting a Brian Bolland special! There's LOADS of images to warm the cockles of your cockly bits...

CraveNoir

Great, thanks for the lovely hi-res images of some oldies, but isn't the "Dredd Dead?" badge cover by Robin Smith?

Spikes

Yes, i was thinking that as well.

But a very nice Bolland special Pete. Brian's work can sometimes leave me a bit cold - and othertimes i think its fallen from the heavens its that mindblowingly superb, but that latest cover is truly the business. Top stuff!

Frank

Quote from: CraveNoir on 09 March, 2013, 09:30:04 PM
Great, thanks for the lovely hi-res images of some oldies, but isn't the "Dredd Dead?" badge cover by Robin Smith?

He's clearly using Bolland's design, but aye.

Great blog, as usual, Pete - and what a whopper! I love the cold, clinical perfectionism of Bolland's modern stuff, which Jack alludes to, but those Eagle covers you reproduce probably represent the sweet spot where the improvement in the fundamentals of his draughtsmanship, his tireless perfectionism and the natural exuberance evident in his early work all come together in perfect balance. Taken as a whole, those Eagle covers probably represent the highpoint of Bolland's entire body of work, and it was great to see them in beautiful black and white.

Pete Wells

Badge cover? Badge cover? Cough... I erm... don't know what you boys are taking about. There's no badge cover on there and I DEFINITELY haven't gone back and edited the post. I think you must have imagined it. Move along, move along, nothing to see here...

Pete Wells

I put SB Davis' great Savage cover up yesterday and tonight will be the turn of... Cosplay Penguin! Once I have this weeks' Red Seas cover posted, I should be up to date! If so, I'm gonna resurrect the mighty "Yes, Commissioner!" blog!

Albion

Quote from: Pete Wells on 11 March, 2013, 07:37:02 AM
I should be up to date! If so, I'm gonna resurrect the mighty "Yes, Commissioner!" blog!

Hurrah!  :)
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

Montynero

Great Bolland archive. Thanks, Pete.

Pete Wells

Bit of a departure today fellas, check out a step by step of Blind Mouse Toy's Cosplay Penguin! It truly is a cosplay penguin as I believe the torso was modelled on our very own Judge Burdis...

blackmocco

Pete, I know it's been said many time before but can I just say again how wonderful this blog is? A fantastic idea, perfectly executed. Hugely inspiring. Great work, good sir.
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

COMMANDO FORCES