Main Menu

Finally!

Started by The Amstor Computer, 10 July, 2005, 12:32:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Amstor Computer

I would hope that we get a new cover from Dom, but I'd be happy to see either this or the image that appeared in the inside-back page of a previous prog.

I'd be extremely disappointed if the trade had a cover from a different artist, but I don't think anyone working on the trades is likely to go that route.

Art

Maybe I'm just odd, but to me the looming figure loosk just a tiny bit like Dom pulling a face.

Anyhow, I'm bloody glad he;s got to have a crack at a cover, and I kind of like the design of it and the use of colour.

Dark Jimbo

Yeah, the colours in this really rock - and thanks for clearing all that up for me. :)

One other thing, though - this 'Cabs inside back cover' thingy by Dom tht everyone keeps mentioning - anyone know which issue that was, cos I don't recall seeing it?
@jamesfeistdraws

Woolly

Thats superb!
Well worth the wait!

Just an opinion, but i'd love to see a Dermot Power Cabs' pic.
Anyone else got a favorite (other than Dom) They'd like to see do a cabs' cover?

paulvonscott

It would have been nice if he'd finished colouring it in, before he handed it in to Tharg.  Still, he hasn't gone over the lines, which is a plus.

No, I like it.  I think it's been good that a new artist has been given an ongoing series to really develop their stuff.  A shame more don't get the opportunity.

ARRISARRIS

...love the kind of homage to Ghostbusters at the bottom, and incorperatig 666 into the phone number...

Max Kon

but the number is 080066598

The Amstor Computer

...only because a single digit is covered up - a rather neat avoidance of the obvious, I thought.

Personally, the card is my least favourite element of the cover. I'm assuming it was added by the design droids, and while it's been done well, it just doesn't add anything to an already strong cover.

Lord Running Clam

Thats a lovely cover.

The design on the phone card reminds me of Hellboy.

Carlsborg Expert

Im glad he worked from pencils to paint and did not interfere with the ink.

I hope to see him work his type of ink into this style though.

Grant Goggans

*jaw drops*

WOW, that's a great cover!

--Grant

Max Kon

now i see the cover in the paper i can see it's either a 6 or an 8 they covered up so either:

080666598 or

and it wasn't part of the artwork

Dudley

Well, I doubt it's 0800 866 598, as that's Virgin Insurance.

Unless Gordon's got something against Branson?

The Amstor Computer

Perhaps that's Kostabi's dark secret - he's secretly possessed by the evil spirit of Richard Branson?

Oddboy

Dark Jimbo - it was the inside back cover of prog 1400.

I've scanned it, here it is...

(in three different sizes, Wake - do you want to nab these scans for the prog profile page?)

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/kathan/prog534/prog1400_smallres.jpg">

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/kathan/prog534/prog1400_medres.jpg">

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/kathan/prog534/prog1400_hires.jpg">
Better set your phaser to stun.