Main Menu

New Rebellion collections - info & images galore...

Started by The Amstor Computer, 18 August, 2005, 03:29:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Amstor Computer

Attention, boarders! Info-dump incoming:

NOVEMBER 2005

The Red Seas Volume 2: Twilight of the Idols

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/buttonman/idols.jpg">

Captain Jack Dancer and his crew of pirates have faced down the Devil himself and lived to tell the tale - but now they're in the hands of the British Navy and looking at a death sentence... until they're rescued by a stranger. He wants to hire Dancer and his men to search for the fabled Golden Fleece - an object of enormous magical power!

Contents (predicted)

Twilight of the Idols - progs 1371 to 1379

Cover image reused from Pre-order at Amazon

Judge Dredd: Total War

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/buttonman/totalwar.jpg">

Total War is a pro-democracy terrorist organisation, fighting to bring down Justice Department. When they threaten to explode 200 nuclear devices hidden around the city unless the Judges stand down, it becomes a race against time to find the bombs before the Big Meg burns...

Contents (predicted)

Terror - progs 1392 to 1399
Total War - progs 1408 to 1419
After the Bombs - progs 1420 to 1422

Cover image reused from Pre-order at Amazon

DECEMBER 2005

Judge Dredd: The Complete Case Files Volume 1

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/buttonman/casefiles.jpg">

Contains all of future lawman Judge Dredd's adventures in chronological order - complete and uncut from Prog 2 -60!

Contents

Progs 2-60:

Judge Whitey
The New You
The Brotherhood of Darkness
Krong
Frankenstein II
The Statue of Judgement
Antique Car Heist
Robots
Robot Wars
Brainblooms
Mugger's Moon
The Comic Pusher
The Solar Sniper
Mr Buzzz
Smoker's Crime
The Wreath Murders
You Bet Your Life
Dream Palace
The Academy of Law
The Neon Knights
The Return of Rico
Devil's Island
Komputel
Walter's Secret Job
Mutie the Pig
The Troggies
Billy Jones
The Ape Gang
The Mega-City 5000
Luna 1
Showdown on Luna 1
Red Christmas
22nd Century Futzie
Meet Mr Moonie
Land Race
The Oxygen Desert
The First Luna Olympics
Luna 1 War
The Face-Change Crimes
The Killer Car
The Oxygen Board
Full Earth Crimes
Return to Mega-City
Firebug

Paperback - US size? (exact dimensions not yet announced)
336 pages
?13.99

Megazine 209
Paperback - US size
112 pages
?8.99

prog 1326
Hardback - Euro size
96 pages
?13.99

Best of 2000AD 70
Paperback - US size
160 pages
?10.99

prog 1268
Paperback - US size
112 pages
?10.99

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/1904265812/qid=1124305770/sr=1-14/ref=sr_1_2_14/202-3039581-6714224">Pre-order from Amazon

The Amstor Computer

Phew!

It's worth noting that although all of these books were announced by Rebellion at Bristol, Amazon's details may be incorrect in certain respects, and so may mine.

Some images may be placeholders (note the credits on The Red Seas, for example ;-) ) but I wouldn't be surprised to see all of these being the final covers on release.

Any comments? What do other boarders think of the "design-led" cover for the Case Files?

ming

Well, someone's been busy, haven't they? :-)

Nice work, Amstor.

Lots to look forward to here, but the standout item is the Case Files!  The cover is okay as far as I'm concerned - better than some cobbled together reused cover, anyway.  I wonder whether the 'period Dredd' used on the cover will evolve with later volumes of the Case Files?  Can't wait to get my hands on these!

That Rogue Trooper cover still stinks, though.

The Adventurer

Nice.  All though, a little too "Big Gun" heavy. I need more Robo Hunter, and Nikolia Dante.

I am however very excited over that Dredd Casefiles book.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

The Amstor Computer

Adventurer -

Well, there's a third volume of Dante in November (I've posted info on that in an earlier thread), and a third collection of Robo-Hunter in December (not properly listed at Amazon yet, but I've linked to their incorrect version below) with a fourth and apparently final due in April 2006.

Robo-Hunter Volume Three: Play it Again, Sam

In 22nd century New York, Sam Slade is a Robo-Hunter - a mixture of private detective and troubleshooter. If your droid has gone missing or there's a psychotic cyborg on the loose, he's the man to call. Together with his dumb droid understudy Hoagy and Carlos Sanchez Robo-Stogie - a robotic cigar - Sam has cracked some of the future's biggest cases. Now, in Play it Again Sam, it's National Song Week and Slade's been given an assignment at the highest level - but can he stay sane long enough to carry it through?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/1904265472/qid%3D1124318049/202-3039581-6714224">Out in February 2005? My arse!

The Adventurer

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Bolt-01

Amstor, yet again you are the goods when it comes to new collection info.

The red seas cover is a bit pants but the case files is great. Really suitable for the book. Hopefully later volumes will indeed feature the 'look' evolving to the Joe we know and fear today.

Top work that Squaxx

Bolt-01

Large48

Ok, as I'm likely to buy these and I usually get them direct from Rebellion, it now looks like I can..

A) Get it cheaper from Amazon

B) Get free delivery from Amazon

Should I bother buying direct any more???????????
[size=40]Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill[/size]

Oddboy

Regarding (B) - If you're a subscriber you get a discount on GNs at the online Tharg's Future Shop... which more or less cancels out the postage.

Other than that - Amazon tends to list the 2K books as "Hard to Find Items" and list delivery times at things like 4-6 weeks.
Dunno if they've improved, but I just don't trust Amazon to get these books.
I've got most of them from regular comic or book shops, and a couple from Rebellion direct.
Better set your phaser to stun.

Bolt-01

I know they aren't the newest volumes but I've just had SD: Early cases and Slade: Verdus and got them within three days of placing the order with Amazon.

Bolt-01

Oddboy

It's probably a case of "unless you're a dedicated comic shop, you'll be a few months behind publication" - Boarders, for example, tends to be about a month or two behind FP or Comic Showcase.

Better set your phaser to stun.

Artificial Idiot

You usually have to wait until the end of the month until Amazon actually has them in stock, reguardless of the publication date.

Rex Banner

Grant Goggans

It's surprising, and a little discouraging, to see that people have been having trouble finding these books!  On the other hand, while comic shops have had all the editions available to them via Diamond, getting regular or replacement stock of them seems to be a big issue... I have been waiting for *four months* for Diamond to get a replacement copy of Slaine: Warrior's Dawn to my LCS, as my copy was marred by a printing error!

As a reminder, you can always see what's available and forthcoming at Touched by the Hand of Tharg, which will be updated with new information when the Sepetmer edition of Previews becomes available.

--Grant

Link: http://www.2000ad.org/thrillpower/rebellion.html" target="_blank">Touched by the Hand of Tharg

ukdane

I really like the Digest design. Although it does look a little left-sided, with almost everything appearing on the left.

Cheers

-Daney