Main Menu

Solar Wind nominated for Eagle Award!?

Started by paulvonscott, 25 April, 2006, 06:06:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt Timson

If you win, can you stand back and let Gary steamroll towards the stage (hurling women and small children aside in the process) and collect the award on your behalf?  Only it was really funny last time.
Pffft...

Mike Carroll

Cosmic Ray - many congratulations on the nomination! It is well deserved!

It triggered a massive internal dilemma... Should I vote for Solar Wind (to which I have contributed) or Freakshow (which is written by one of my mates)? I love them both!

So I guess it comes down to this: who's going to offer me the best bribe?

-- Mike

paulvonscott

You'll get nothing from me, Mike and that goes double for Ray!

Nah, just vote for who you want to, it's okay with me (just don't tell me which choice you make or I might voodoo you).

I'm *really* pissed off I accidentally threw out the Solar Wind award video with Gary accepting the award, I distinctly remember saying 'eh?  what's this then, ah who cares, in the bin'.  

I need it for a dodgy video documentary (nay, solarmentary - etc.) I intend to try to make at bristol.  Which reminds me, anyone wants to talk shite about british comics, small press, solar wind or pretend to be soemone you're not, then why not let me film it :p

I was and still am grateful to Gary for accepting the award last time, it's not something I would have wanted to do myself had I been there.  And I suspect nobody else would have had the balls to do it :p

For similar reasons I was relieved when I came third in a *national franchise name deleted* manager of the year competition and didn't have to go up and say something interesting about *national franchise name deleted*.

Matt Timson

Nobody had the balls to get in Gary's way, that's for sure!

;)
Pffft...

Bolt-01

Voted, but I'll not say who for...

Bolt-01

W. R. Logan

>lets not allow this board to go to such lower standards of comedy please.few of here have such **specail needs** members of the family.

surely people with special needs have as much right to have the mickey taken out of them as anyones else?

Devons Daddy

some please put up the link.

i wish to vote,i truly hope our efforts will see rewards being made to those amongst us whom have worked so hard.

its only fun to make fun of others whom are able to defend themselves. LOGAN.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Devons Daddy

ok im a fool.
but anyway,. for other fools.

Link: http://www.silverbulletcomicbooks.com/eagles/" target="_blank">go here, vote for solar wind,and 2k of course.

I AM VERY BUSY!

NO 2000ad no life!

Wils

Does this also mean that I'm a bad person for referring to anyone in a mobility scooter or electric wheelchair as "Davros"?

WoD

Ahh..wils, wils, wils...I'm glad I drink my coffee BEFORE I read anything you post...splutter, splutter, splutter...

Richmond Clements

longmanshort

surely people with special needs have as much right to have the mickey taken out of them as anyones else?

There's a fantastic quote from an episode of Family Guy, which goes along the lines of:

"We're here today for the Special People's Games, where we're hoping to see some thrills, spills and - who knows - maybe some unintentional laughs along the way. And by the end of the day, most of you will be going to hell."
+++ implementing rigid format protocols +++ meander mode engaged +++

Devons Daddy

I intend to try to make at bristol. Which reminds me, anyone wants to talk shite about british comics, small press, solar wind or pretend to be soemone you're not, then why not let me film it :p

anyone know if pat mills will be there. he could be just the ticket.
I AM VERY BUSY!

NO 2000ad no life!