The May 2008 Previews solicits...

Started by Grant Goggans, 25 February, 2008, 11:10:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grant Goggans

from the May 2008 Previews:

REBELLION

2000 AD #1585-#1588
by Various
The UK's award-winning cult SF anthology title ramps up the action and excitement in 2008 with brand new stories of Judge Dredd, Strontium Dog, and more, from some of Britain's finest talents! (C: 0-1-2)
Magazine, 32pgs, PC SRP: $4.50

JUDGE DREDD MEGAZINE #272
by Various
Enter the brutal world of law enforcer Judge Dredd every month! All-new stories feature in this explosive issue. Plus, interviews, reviews, and much more! (C: 0-1-2)
Magazine, 64pgs, PC SRP: $7.50

2000 AD EXTREME EDITION #29
by Various
The best of the Galaxy's Greatest Comic complete and uncut! (C: 0-1-2)
Magazine, FC SRP: $5.99

JUDGE DEATH â?? YOUNG DEATH: BOYHOOD OF A SUPERFIEND GN
by John Wagner & Pete Doherty
Journalist Brian Skuter's got an interview with Judge Death! Probing deep into Death's past, he'll find the boy behind the monster â?? and the whole, horrible truth about the most evil force in Judge Dredd's world! Out of print for over a decade, now Rebellion has brought back a true classic. Youâ??ll laugh, youâ??ll cry, youâ??ll beg for mercy! (C: 0-1-2)
SC, 96pgs, FC SRP: $22.50

SLÁINE: THE KING SC (NEW PRINTING)
by Pat Mills, Glenn Fabry, Mike Collins & David Pugh
From writer Pat Mills and artist Glenn Fabry comes a world of mists and magic and the ultimate Celtic warrior, Sláine! This classic tale of sword and sorcery â?? which makes Conan look like a boy scout and Fafhrd like a poseur â?? is finally available again complete with an introduction by Mills and a whole host of extras! Exiled from his tribe, Sláine is forced to roam the land of Tir-Nan-Og with his dwarf, Ukko. Ahead of him lie terrifying ordeals that will require all of Sláine's famed warrior strength if he is to return victorious and claim his rightful place as King! (C: 0-1-2)
SC, 208pgs, B&W SRP: $25.50

Also of interest:

PANINI PUBLISHING LTD

DOCTOR WHO: THE WORLD SHAPERS TP
by Grant Morrison & John Ridgway
Before Animal Man, before Doom Patrol, before All-Star Superman, Grant Morrison left his mark on Doctor Who! In this second and final volume of comics collecting the Sixth Doctor's complete comic adventures from the pages of Doctor Who Magazine, the Time Lord and his companions Peri and Frobisher â?? a shape-changing penguin â?? battle the Cybermen and uncover the terrible secrets of their origins, meet old friend Jamie McCrimmon, and face off against the all-powerful Time Lords. These black and white strips from 1985 and 1986 have been digitally restored and are collected for the first time ever. (C: 0-1-2)
SC, 9x12, 228pgs, B&W SRP: $26.50

Leigh S

Does that say... STRONTIUM DOG?  Say it's so Greenbonce.  I think a lot of the crit new Stront has come in for could have been assuaged if it wasnt just one new story every two years with the weight that adds to expectations.

Goaty

The Monarch

Not really trying this month the solicitation writers are they?

The Adventurer

I'm bumping this because I was going over my May orders (at the very last minute) and noticed something about

2000 AD EXTREME EDITION #29
by Various
The best of the Galaxy's Greatest Comic complete and uncut! (C: 0-1-2)
Magazine, FC SRP: $5.99

In that it was flanked by an Ian Gibson Robo Hunter image.

Now, Rebellion solicitations are notorious for slapping unrelated images up for their Solicitations, but those are 99.99% of the time just old covers. The Robo-Hunter pic is not a cover, its just a color splash page/pin-up of Sam Slade and a giant robot.

Please, please, PLEASE do not tell me EE #29 is going to reprint The Slaying of Slade rather then Rebellion give us a proper Robo-Hunter TP.

PLEASE.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

The Monarch

if thats true then it'll be the first ee bought by me in forever!