Main Menu

2000AD Podcast #19

Started by bluemeanie, 11 February, 2010, 08:49:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

uncle fester

Great podcast again guys. I had to go away and read Portrait of a Politician again too, so I was happy :)

Mike Gloady

Quote from: TordelBack on 11 February, 2010, 05:24:14 PM
If I was Peter Wolf, I'd be buying a pair of earplugs for my room-share at Hi-Ex.  These guys are just a helltrek away from scaring the horses.
EXCUSE ME?

I'm not like these reprobates, thanks.  I'm a gentleman.  And I will prove my gentlemanlyness.  BY FORCE!!!!
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

bluemeanie

Quote from: uncle fester on 12 February, 2010, 11:37:01 AM
Great podcast again guys. I had to go away and read Portrait of a Politician again too, so I was happy :)

did you read this in the actual issues or the Case Files? If so, which volume is it in as I wanna know how long I got to wait

And talking Case Files... Flint was on about them putting the Megazine stuff in the case files. I was thinking, would that work or would it be better for them to put that in a seperate collection? The Dredd files or something
Only ask as I know the meg stuff jumps about the timeline a bit whereas the Dredd stuff in 2000AD is all chronological (did I spell that right? Im a bit pissed)

anyway, just a thought like. Sorry to de-rail this thread from its usual "no.. YOU are gay" theme   :P

JOE SOAP

Judge Dredd The Complete Case Files 07

JOE SOAP

Quote from: TordelBack on 11 February, 2010, 05:24:14 PM
If I was Peter Wolf, I'd be buying a pair of earplugs for my room-share at Hi-Ex.  These guys are just a helltrek away from scaring the horses.

...and a butt-plug of course.

Jim_Campbell

I kinda miss those jokes, to be honest: "What do you think you're running here, Smart - some kind of circus?"

A bit like the inexplicable plethora of carpet jokes in 'The Warlord' -- "You'll be on the carpet for this, Wilton" and "Cyril Lord's a luxury we can't afford" (which, I admit, my parents had to explain to me).

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

bluemeanie

Oh... any suggestions for non 2000AD stuff but by 2000Ad creators we can riff on next one?

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: bluemeanie on 13 February, 2010, 12:47:39 AM
Oh... any suggestions for non 2000AD stuff but by 2000Ad creators we can riff on next one?

I'll admit I'm not following it, so someone else will probably have to suggest something useful like actual titles and issue numbers, but isn't the Abnett droid pretty much cleaning up all of Marvel's space stuff these days?

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

JOE SOAP

Rich, does your phallus have a liitle man in it's head and a cock ring like this one?

JOE SOAP

C'mon Clint, what's with the uninformed stereotypes?...

Since when was Volkhan supposed to be Middle Eastern? He's a Volgan war robot, the "Ikon of Ikons", Russian.

He has a "helmeted cupola" or "onion dome" for a head, a traditional feature of Russkie orthodox architecture. Big clue being Hammer & Sickle?

flintlockjaw

Nice to be proven wrong. Good stuff

Devons Daddy

i am a regular downloader of your podcast.

its BRILLANT!!!!
and i enjoy the banter you offer.

without doubt a must listen to for the boarders, you will not be dissapointed.
keep it up chaps.
makes my regular commute to work a brighter place when ever i get an auto update on the download.

THANKYOU!!
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Dandontdare

Grrr, won't be able to get hold of this for a while as my PC is fucked.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Garageman on 13 February, 2010, 11:32:42 AM

Was going to mention that but a parent run has prevented me finishing listening to number 19, hopefully tomorrow. Mind even if I had I'd doubt I'd have found a picture of the Kremlin as designed by Willy Wonka...

no one else see that...

just me then... damnit.

Colin YNWA

Just finished and another fine fun Podcast.

One point I find really interesting, and well it seems I always have to nit pick summit, was the fact you didn't like Old One Eye having a heart attack I always bloody loved that. It emphasized that she's such a battered old hag with the brain the size of a kitten and all, even for all that (and some stuff to come) her hatred is so all consuming that she is driven on and on. She's just a hate filled old bitch kept going only by a desire to kill humans. If you ever get to the epilogue that's kinda re-enforced.

As for suggests for 2000ad creators work outside the Prog you kinda answered you're own question. Why no have a go at 'Charley's War' its chuffin' brillant. Or if ya after current stuff then yeah I'd go with Jim's idea of Adnett's Marvel stuff, not read it but I'm always curious.

Good job fella's