Main Menu

Links to trailer coverage

Started by Molch-R, 21 June, 2012, 06:32:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MR. ELIMINATOR

Yeah, I know, but still. Why? An unknown would have been better.

Beaky Smoochies

Why?  An unknown director would be a riskier prospect as you wouldn't know if they're up to the task of directing Dredd, whereas Pete Travis has an actual resume of films to show, and I think the DNA Films people liked his kinetic and fluid directing style, and thought the visual style of his previous work would suit the visual style of Dredd they had in mind, and by everything we've seen so far, they would appear to have been right...
"When the people fear the government there is tyranny, when the government fear the people there is LIBERTY!" - Thomas Jefferson.

"That government is best which governs least" - Thomas Jefferson.

Syne

It's cute how you three all have Dredd avatars, it's like a bunch of his clones having a conversation. First the left-looking Dredd says something, then the right-looking Dredd says something, then the little smiley Dredd says something. . .

Danbo

Aww you're sooo individual,bet you have an 'edgy' haircut and listen to the cool bands don't ya?
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

Syne

Quote from: DanboJohnJ on 30 June, 2012, 07:54:52 AM
Aww you're sooo individual,bet you have an 'edgy' haircut and listen to the cool bands don't ya?

Not sure if you're talking to me, but I didn't mean that in a condescending way. Your avatars are all cool. Guess I'm the only one who visuals people's avatars talking when I read their posts. . .

Beaky Smoochies

Quote from: Syne on 30 June, 2012, 07:39:38 AM
It's cute how you three all have Dredd avatars, it's like a bunch of his clones having a conversation. First the left-looking Dredd says something, then the right-looking Dredd says something, then the little smiley Dredd says something. . .

Yeah, Dredd avatars on a 2000 A.D. forum discussing the new Judge Dredd movie, who woulda thought that, crazy kids ::)...
"When the people fear the government there is tyranny, when the government fear the people there is LIBERTY!" - Thomas Jefferson.

Syne

Again, I'm sorry if that came across as an attempted insult, it wasn't meant as such. Maybe you took exception to the term "clone," but that was just a reference to the fact that clones actually feature in the strip. Maybe you took exception to the term "cute," but I didn't mean it in a condescending fashion.

Also, my haircut is lousy!

Beaky Smoochies

Quote from: Syne on 30 June, 2012, 08:46:56 AM
Again, I'm sorry if that came across as an attempted insult, it wasn't meant as such. Maybe you took exception to the term "clone," but that was just a reference to the fact that clones actually feature in the strip. Maybe you took exception to the term "cute," but I didn't mean it in a condescending fashion.
Also, my haircut is lousy!

Nay worries, and you should see my haircut, I'm the only white guy that can grow an afro, I'm serious!  And the only exception I would take to the term "clone" is if you were recommending Attack of the Clones, then I would be insulted, but then again, so were we all at that travesty...

Danbo

Quote from: Syne on 30 June, 2012, 08:07:55 AM
Quote from: DanboJohnJ on 30 June, 2012, 07:54:52 AM

Not sure if you're talking to me, but I didn't mean that in a condescending way. Your avatars are all cool. Guess I'm the only one who visuals people's avatars talking when I read their posts. . .
Sorry.I'm wound tight today,postwoman copped for it about 10 minutes before I logged on here so I was still on '4'.
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

briantm

http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/blog/post/tag/I-Am-The-Law
QuoteThis 14 year old couldn't get enough of Judge Dredd and the four Dark Judges when he first came across them in 1985... Come 1995 not even Stallone dispensing his own lethal judgement on the character of Dredd could dampen the enthusiasm. Now there's a new attempt to film Dredd with a screenplay by Alex Garland among others although judging from the trailer I wouldn't hold out too much hope for the new movie coming in September but at least it's sent me running back to the glorious 2000AD comics, lovingly collected in a fantastic series.

Kowalsky (formerly JudgeGumpty)

UTAH POLICY - http://utahpolicy.com/bookmark/19177878-Five-Things-I-Think-I-Think-This-Week-Judge-Dredd-Edition

QuoteMega-City One looks gloriously dystopian.

If you're not familiar with the story, it takes place more than 100 years in the future. Only 3 cities still exist in America after a nuclear war - Mega-City One (stretching along the East cost from Toronto to Florida), Mega-City Two (covering the West coast) and Texas City (need I say more?).

In Mega-City One (population 400 million), law enforcement is handled by one group - the Judges. They have the power to arrest, try and sentence people (even execute them in some cases). Think Batman on steroids.

This looks like a nightmare for the ACLU and Libertarians alike.

Read more: Utah Policy - Five Things I Think I Think This Week Judge Dredd Edition
Never rub another mans rhubarb

The Sherman Kid

Quote from: Syne on 30 June, 2012, 08:07:55 AM
Guess I'm the only one who visuals people's avatars talking when I read their posts. . .

:lol:Brilliant.I'm definately doing that from now on

Diminished Responsibility

This is someones blog, quite a nice browse, dystopian post apocalyspe stuff, Mad Max, upcoming sci-fi movies and a nice screenshot rundown for the DREDD trailer.

http://futurofinale2088.blogspot.co.uk/
"DANGER! DO NOT TOUCH THESE MONSTROUSLY HAZARDOUS CITRUS FRUITS, MAN!"