Main Menu

Links to trailer coverage

Started by Molch-R, 21 June, 2012, 06:32:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beaky Smoochies

Quote from: shaolin_monkey on 21 June, 2012, 08:17:16 PM
I've gone through a lot of those links, and I am sat here in nerd rage.  Will someone tell those drokkers that Dredd went into production long before The Raid, and if anything The Raid has ripped Dredd off?!?
Man, it's enough to turn me to Slo-mo...

Yeah, THIS, I thought I was gonna be up all night (oo-er missus!) reading reactions to the trailer, but after reading no more than a few, I basically gave up; have NEVER heard a bunch of inane, childish, ill-informed, infuriating, and outright enraging knuckleheads since... well, since my last post to the political thread ;), it's interesting to note that the line for the preview screenings was MASSIVE and that people were literally whooping and cheering during the film, that's a good sign of genuine audience reaction and hopefully a successful theatrical run, and a much better gauge of opinion than the neanderthals on the interweb, most of whom were clearly Americans (most certainly not a swipe at our cousins, honestly), sigh...
"When the people fear the government there is tyranny, when the government fear the people there is LIBERTY!" - Thomas Jefferson.

"That government is best which governs least" - Thomas Jefferson.

Spaceghost

Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

TordelBack

Reading comments gives me something of a pain in my gulliver, O my brothers.  I'll smash your faces for you, yarblockos!

Seriously though, what a terrible place the internet can be: torrents of simple-minded ignorance parsed through anger and superiority.  "This thing is like that thing I once heard of - what a rip off!".  "This thing is not like that other thing at all - epic fail!". 

Is this what it means to grow old, to have your mind assaulted by a constant strident yapping you barely understand?

Dudley

Quote from: TordelBack on 22 June, 2012, 08:22:33 AM
Is this what it means to grow old, to have your mind assaulted by a constant strident yapping you barely understand?

sux 2bu. :'( :'( ::) :'(

Dudley

Steve Green

Quote from: TordelBack on 22 June, 2012, 08:22:33 AM
Reading comments gives me something of a pain in my gulliver, O my brothers.  I'll smash your faces for you, yarblockos!

Seriously though, what a terrible place the internet can be: torrents of simple-minded ignorance parsed through anger and superiority.  "This thing is like that thing I once heard of - what a rip off!".  "This thing is not like that other thing at all - epic fail!". 

"This trolling is exactly the same as the trolling on another forum"

The Adventurer

First rule of the internet: Never read the comments.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

a chosen rider

On Twitter @devilsfootsteps

darren1973

For all the latest on the Dredd movie - and a whole heap of other stuff, check out the review blog
Darren's World of Entertainment http://darrens-world-of-entertainment.blogspot.co.nz/

Spaceghost

I'm not going to read any of those comments and I don't think anyone else in their right mind will put any stock in those remarks either.

Don't let the internet get under your skin.

Molch-R

blackmocco

I guess the biggest shock is this many people enjoyed the Stallone version...
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

Strontium Claw

Spaceghost

Quote from: Molch-R on 22 June, 2012, 10:34:43 AM
Quote from: a chosen rider on 22 June, 2012, 10:08:48 AM
SFX blog: http://www.sfx.co.uk/2012/06/22/blog-better-off-dredd/

Looks like there's some work to do on that comments thread...

Well, you made me read it...

I got annoyed and signed up to post my views. It's not showing up yet as it's my first post there. Should redress the balance though.

Kowalsky (formerly JudgeGumpty)

Forbes - http://www.forbes.com/sites/markhughes/2012/06/22/trailer-for-dredd-hits-the-web/

QuoteThe verdict? If you thought you could ignore this one, think again, because this is a very impressive trailer with art direction and a spot-on lead performance that definitely have me interested now.
Never rub another mans rhubarb