Main Menu

The Dredd Project

Started by COMMANDO FORCES, 02 May, 2013, 11:35:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dash Decent

And there's a typo in that script page you're showing, third line from the bottom.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

flintlockjaw

Quote from: Dash Decent on 05 June, 2013, 11:58:20 AM
Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 04 June, 2013, 05:29:48 PM
if you have bloody good eyesight, you may be able to tell what is happening in those storyboard thumbnails

Glad to see from shots 37 & 38 that you've managed to work a large-breasted lady into the storyline, though her figure leaves something to be desired.

'Large breasted lady'
...That would be Judge Hollister!

oh...wait...wrong fan film!
;)

COMMANDO FORCES

Latest info is now online UPDATES and we have also started a Twitter page DREDD_PROJECT

In the very near future there will be a facebook page for you all to follow and see some extra stuff, as and when!

Believe me when I say it's looking good, even at this early but detailed stage :D

Frank

Quote"one of the secondary characters that helps to propel the story has also been finalised but so as not to spoil the story, we are not saying who or what that is!"

I'm calling it now as Deputy Chief Judge Paul Herriman; he's the only big name antagonist left now those Cursed Edge bastards have stolen Geek Gorgon out from under your noses.

COMMANDO FORCES

No names as of yet but here is a small thumbnail (one inch wide) for the storyboard artists to go by. Doesn't represent the final boards but does give an indication of what to expect...an action Dredd

nicklambo

Frank

Mark One lawgiver! Controversial.

COMMANDO FORCES

flintlockjaw

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 03 July, 2013, 09:48:41 PM
Not in our timeline!
The story takes place in the period before The Apocalypse War. Well done...our John!  ;)

Frank

Quote from: flintlockjaw on 04 July, 2013, 01:49:50 AM
Not in our timeline!

The story takes place in the period before The Apocalypse War. Well done...our John!  ;)

Narrows down the possibilities for the identity of the villain. It's obviously going to be an adaptation of that story where Dredd saves the talking cat.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: sauchie on 04 July, 2013, 07:23:08 AM
Quote from: flintlockjaw on 04 July, 2013, 01:49:50 AM
Not in our timeline!

The story takes place in the period before The Apocalypse War. Well done...our John!

Narrows down the possibilities for the identity of the villain. It's obviously going to be an adaptation of that story where Dredd saves the talking cat.

I like a story with a message.Right on.

COMMANDO FORCES

Okay folks, the latest update is online, just click HERE! and here's the pic from the update to temp you to see what is written (not that you need to be tempted, as you know you want to see what stage we are at)

Also as an added extra for the forum, here are some words from Mick Cassidy and do read his bio, as that adds meaning to what he says!

Patience is a virtue. For those of you who don't know, animation is a painfully slow, meticulous process. (Especially if you want it done right.) Takes a long time to get from point A to point B and I hope our long silences won't be interpreted as anything other than we're toiling away on this thing behind the scenes.

I'm wrapping up preliminary character designs. I'm not one to blow my own trumpet but I'm very proud of what's been produced so far. (Please don't confuse that statement for arrogance; I still know how utterly worthless I am.)

At this point in the project's development, I finally have the answer to a question I've often been asked (and often wondered myself!): "WHY HASN'T SOMEBODY MADE AN ANIMATED DREDD MOVIE BEFORE?"

It's a disappointingly simple answer, folks: Dredd is shit hard to draw. He really is. Even as a kid I was intimidated by drawing Dredd. One line out of place and he looks wrong, particularly with the helmet. Don't get me started about the helmet. (It was a particularly humbling and galling moment at the 2000AD booth in San Diego last week watching Henry Flint fart out a wondrous sketch of Dredd for me in, like, sixty seconds while I tried to forget it took me almost two weeks of murderous wailing and gnashing of teeth to get the same design right.)

Rich's script is just fantastic. It's got everything you could want and takes a style much closer to the comic in tone and story than either of the movies. We don't have a lot of time to tell a huge tale, but the script he wrote is classic Dredd to my eyes.

Flint has been a total trooper. He's drawn, voiced and edited together a rough animatic from the script so we can see how it all fits together and we're currently in the process of tweaking/editing ideas. This is a painfully normal process with any type of movie making but even more crucial with animation. Just like the almighty cast and crew of the fantastic Judge Minty, the only budget we have is people's goodwill and love for Dredd and 2000AD. We need to be sure we have our planning as tight and lean as it can be so there's no waste of anyone's time and talent and an animatic's invaluable for that.

In any case, the train's still rolling. I had a complete warp-spasm of excitement the other night as I was working on it and looking over what we've all done so far. Dredd's in VERY good hands right now.

I'm sure that after reading that you must be rather more excited for what is to come from the team.

Obviously we won't plaster the site and forum with updates, unless there is something to be said. As we move forward and the project really takes shape, as other team members begin their work, then and only then will we begin to show you some extremely interesting stuff but obviously, we won't ruin the story!

JOE SOAP

Steve Green

Great update - I entirely sympathise with that balance between sharing and not giving too much away.

The project is definitely in good hands.

Hawkmumbler