Main Menu

What do you want/not want from the Dredd sequel(s)?

Started by ChickenStu, 25 June, 2013, 11:27:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teivion

Death and the Dark judges should just be mentally unbalanced ex Judges escaped from a mental prison.
Think of the Dr Deckers buttons-for-eyes-mask character from NightBreed, Cenobites, occult worshiping.

They kill based on their backgrounds and 'Death fetish' - hence the Judge names - and the occult 'Life is Crime' basis giving reason for some scary looking costumes and masks, a bit like those worn by Slipknot.

They are easy to do in a real world scenario...

Bat King

manupulated... That is a heck of a word.

I don't want too big a story. Not America especially, that isn't a Dredd film, it is a Dreddworld film that Dredd appears in. No thanks.
I don't want Dark Judges. Not yet.
Rico... Maybe but that opens up the Stallone can of worms.
No Apocalyse War either.

Big stories need building up to so the film audience can cope with it.

Just a decent crime with a few more Dredd things dropped in. Mutant expulsion  be a side story and show a few robots.
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

NapalmKev

How about putting 'Fairly Hyper Man' in the next film, just to take the piss out of 'Man of Steel' more than anything!

Seriously though, how about a side-plot with the SJS. The first film (i'm sure there will be more) featured corrupt Judges, so why not explore that a bit more?

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

DaveGYNWA

I love the Dark Judges - I really love them. Even got the fuckers tattooed on my legs. But I wouldn't like them in a sequel to Dredd...I'd like them in a sequel to the sequel.

I'd like to see something that starts in the Meg, leads out into the Cursed Earth where some of the 'strange stuff' can be touched on.....we had a referenced to mutants in Dredd, so expand on that one in the main story. What story to play on? No idea.

But the end....Anderson comes into it, and provides insight into some visions she has experienced...about 4 strange mutants out in the Cursed Earth.
Peas sell. But who's Brian?

Goaty

I know what many you all want and don't want in the sequel(s), I really likes it to leave in Alex Gartland's hands, I trust his faith, come on, Dredd became most re-watchable film in many years!

Alex is the master!

Beadle68

As long as there is a sequel I'm not bothered as to what story they go with although I would like to see the more stranger aspects of the Meg explored a bit more.Might be good to see Anderson and Dredd on the trail of a serial killer as in seven as main plot with it leading into an appearance of Death right at the end for a further sequel. Although as mentioned in earlier post lets trust Alex with what he has in mind as first one is top notch.  :)

mididoctors

Chopper-esque story/sub plot with a mega surf like event interwoven with a investigate story-line that also questions the   anti-democratic side of the judge system in a ineffable manner that leaves judgement on the merits/pitfalls open to thought...

kickass slo-mo visuals would be retained as a DREDD style continuity.  Some of the sky surf competitors would use slo-mo to enhance their experience of flight...

oh yeah in keeping with my obsession with the future is here now then instead of CGI skyboarders we should use these guys because sky surfing is already here...

I want this lot shoot a 1000fps swooping between the blocks

mididoctors

I would keep the Paul Leonard-Morgan signature music style

mididoctors

wood harris character makes a return (we never saw actually get killed if you think about it) and someone (maybe him) spout the "judge dredd always knows" line

dweezil2

Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

The Bissler

No Rico for me thanks.  I always think he is a character that gets far too much attention when you consider he barely featured in the strip at all.

Other than that, I'd like to echo the thoughts of many above that I'd be delighted to see any kind of sequel, particularly after it seemed impossible only a couple of months ago.  Given the quality of Dredd, I'm very relaxed about whichever story/villains Mr Garland chooses for a sequel.  We all know we're in safe hands!

darnmarr

Rico is rich with potential because he's the nearest to an 'origin story' that Dredd ever had, (originally)... but I love the idea of a 'Wood Harris comeback'; we know his mind has been invaded (to the extent that he CGI pissed himself), we know he's lost an arm: what if he gets an altered, more mood-controllable mind? maybe with a dial?... and a big false arm with a hook on it?... and some redneck/deliverance-type in-bred relatives....?

Ackshally ,maybe, no: that's a crap idea.

darnmarr

My favourite 'step two' of the founding stone that is 'Dredd' would involve something wonderful and unexpected that confounds all of our expectations-- in the same way the original film did---. let's be honest: it was perfect: Garland's writing was perfect, Urban's portrayal was perfect, and anything that would've made it more 'sequelable' or 'box-office-successfullable' (not a real word, but bear with me) would've undermined the triumphal tribute tro the character and comic that it is our movie ... i've watched about twenty times now, so I guess that makes me no longer objective, but, anyhoo, that's what I reckon.

Steve Green

I thought the IDW Year One series would have made a pretty good sequel (Dredd's youth aside)

Won't go into details for those who haven't read it.