Main Menu

2000AD: Project Sketchbook

Started by ming, 16 November, 2013, 04:44:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ming

Quote from: Fungus on 14 September, 2016, 01:47:17 PMTerrific. Don't leave it 4 months next time  :)

You cant' rush genius (trust me, I've tried!).  Pieces come in at their own sweet pace (i.e. not rapidly) and as artists are being extremely kind in agreeing to join in the madness in the first place I'm definitely not complaining.  I'd love to get all this wrapped up in the next year or so but I'd be living in cloud cuckoo land if I imagined that was going to happen.

Fungus

But of course. Keep up the good work!

Theblazeuk

Forgot all about this for months, enjoyable hour or so pouring over all the sketches again :)

Colin YNWA

One day I will track you down and beg you to let me see this, one day. That is YET another beaut!

Trout

Spikes

Quote from: ming on 14 September, 2016, 01:35:04 PM
Ian Culbard has worked his magic on Project Sketchbook...  I was sent the first image which I absolutely loved but when the second one came through I was floored.  I've got a real soft spot for Brink so it's great to have this in the book.

Always great to see updates on this thread. And another cracker.
I'd very much like to commission the INJC chap. Does he take on these, do you know?
(A Brass Sun piece would receive a loving home in my collection, if he happens to reads this....  :))

ming

Quote from: Spikes on 16 September, 2016, 12:32:32 PM
Always great to see updates on this thread. And another cracker.
I'd very much like to commission the INJC chap. Does he take on these, do you know?
(A Brass Sun piece would receive a loving home in my collection, if he happens to reads this....  :))

Thanks, Iain - glad you like it!  I'm not sure how open Ian is to commissions to be honest.  He didn't seem to take that much persuading (or maybe I'm just good at schmoozing) but indicated that this would be the first Brink sketch so I'm not sure how much work of this kind he takes on outside more regular paying gigs.  Drop me a line and I'll help if I can, though.

Rogue Judge

This thread is incredible! I just spent the last 45 minutes pouring over your sketchbook. Drokk! You are a very lucky individual - Thanks for sharing!

ming

The latest contribution, from Tiernen Trevallion - a cracking take on my favourite Strontium Dog villains, the Weerd Brothers.  I've never seen Silent Weerd looking so happy!

Bolt-01

Aye, that's lovely.

Silent Weerd features in a strip in the latest Dogbreath, don'cha know?

Eme

DROKK ! that sketchbook is a thing of beauty. Many positive swear out loud moments looking at all those pages

Hawkmumbler

TT is the absolute best, and thats another beauty, Ming!

Paul Moore

My Twitter account
@pmoore121
https://twitter.com/PMoore121
My Instagram site
https://www.instagram.com/paulmoore121/

Spikes

Going back a few posts, but I see via FB that the Culbard droid is keen to attend Thought Bubble next year.

Grand news.  :thumbsup:

ming

Nothing new to post just yet but if you want a flick through Book One (Brendan McCarthy, D'Israeli, Steve Yeowell, Jock, Frazer Irving, Brett Ewins, Chris Weston, Phil Winslade, Pete Fowler, Dave Taylor) then you can (hopefully) do so via the link below.  Quite excited to see this - still the closest I've got to seeing it myself!

Dan Lish* (very much worth a Google if you're not familiar with his work) is currently in possession of this one... :)

https://www.pixgram.me/danlish1/media/1383968455502171161_12954716

* Like Pete Fowler, Dan contributed to the Zarjaz! exhibition some years back...