Main Menu

New Rebellion GNs

Started by JamieB, 29 May, 2003, 08:31:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ukdane

J-BO,
You know my views (and I your answer) re Hardback/Softback, but what are your views with regards to (as others have mentioned here) making the collections as complete as possible (and avoiding the breakdown into various "bite-size" volumes).

Bigfat Akira sized phone book collections (with a softcover) of pretty much any story and I'd buy it. Especially if it has DVD-style extras :-)

Maybe, just maybe you can dedicate a PJ collection to me then ;-P
Cheers

-Daney

JamieB

This  - and as per Dane's suggestion - is more or less what I'm planning with the longer-form stories like SD and Robo.

'Course, the b/w stuff lends itself to it somewhat better, as it keeps the printing costs low. What price that AKIRA collection if it'd been full colour?

As far as Dante goes, I'm going to consult Robbie and Si, and see how *THEY* want to do it. But that's a ways down the line anyway.

J-Bo-1

Oddboy

Something else you should check with the creators before reprinting Dante: With Tsar Wars 2 & 3 being switched over (as per the TPO articles) - should a reprint book put them back in the 'correct' (ie originally intended) order, or were the stories ammended to fit the 'as published' continuity?
Better set your phaser to stun.

JamieB

...And *that's* why I'll be talking to Robbie...

J-Bo-1

Proudhuff

JB1, well you asked for suggestions... obscure and one I'm mentioned before, but hey, how about:

The collected Middenface McNulty

or a 'Tales from Cal-Hab'?

on a different note, will there be a corporate style? all black spines? numbered? 2k title on spine or cover? just wondering as in my workplace we issue a yearly collection and these questions are an annual problem.

Huffy
DDT did a job on me

JamieB

Kind of, is the simple answer. There are certain design and textual elements which will be common to all the books - it should be pretty easy to tell 'em apart from evereything else on the shelves  which, of course, is the point.

J-Bo-1

Noisybast

Grant - That's pretty much summed up my feelings.
Hope it happens!
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

ukdane

I'm feeling slightly excited, as I'm sure many others here are.
It does definately seem that J-BO cares about what "he" is seen to be publishing, unlike former reprints.
Good luck with them (just keep the hardbacks to a minimum:-) )
Cheers

-Daney

Trout

I like hardbacks. Nyah, nyah, nyah. :-p

I'm still desperate to see Zenith Phase IV, but I understand the problems.

Adding my suggestions:

Dredd one-offs, themed
eg: Mad Mega-Cits
Weird crazes (Snork, Tony Tubbs, etc)
The complete Otto Sump
Tear-jerkers (eg Wounded Knee, the death of McGruder, etc)

Harlem Heroes (No, not the later stuff. It was, of course, shit.)

Killing Time (including the first Future Shock)

Meltdown Man

- Trout

ukdane

How about a collection of "The complete Tyranny Rex & Indigo Prime", including all the text stories that appeared in yearbooks and Summer specials etc etc- Since most if not all of this is b/w with the exception of Killing Time, that could be reprinted separately.
Cheers

-Daney